Best 6 Channel Amp with Pros, Cons & Recommendations
Welcome to the Best 6 Channel Amp Award Show!
After spending the last 12 days installing amps, screwing, bolting, running wires, heat shrinking, soldering, and fine-tuning while skipping on my favorite TV series (which was ruthlessly spoiled by my wife, don’t you worry, missy, we will get even…), I’m ready to reveal which are the best 6 channel amps on the market today
Finding the perfect 6 channel amp comes down to two things, your current system, and your budget. As soon as you know this, it will be easy to find the right fit.
You see, for more than 20 years, I’ve been working in the car audio world. I’ve seen it and heard it all, and this is why I’ve decided to help you by creating this article. By reading it, you not only will shorten the whole research, and most likely, you will find the best fit as well.
I’m ranking the best of the 6 channel amplifiers on power, clearness, punch, loudness, ease of install, ease of tuning.
Now, no matter which one you choose from the list below is a guaranteed winner. I’ve eliminated all lemons and problematic amplifiers. Only the champions remain. You will find your best fit here.
Let me see those amps already!
What Will I Learn?
- Best 6 Channel Amp with Pros, Cons & Recommendations
- #1 Kenwood Excelon P-XR600-6DSP – Best 6 Channel Amp
- #2 JL Audio XD600/6v2– Best Value for the Money 6 Channel Amplifier
- #3 Lanzar Amplifier Car Audio – Best Affordable 6 Channel Amplifier
- What Is A 6 Channel Amplifier?
- Why Do You Need A 6 Channel Amp?
- Conclusions on the Best 6 Channel Car Amplifier Awards
- What channel amp do I need for 6 speakers?
- Do they make a 6 channel amp?
- What is a 6 channel amp for?
- Can you run 6 speakers on a 4 channel amp?
- Frequently Asked Question (FAQ):
The amount of value you’ll be getting is unheard of. I hope Kenwood doesn’t increase the price soon. Even if they doubled the price, it would be worth it.
It’s such a versatile amplifier. There are multiple configurations thanks to the 2 outputs. For example, you can have 2 front speakers and 2 rear plus 2 tweeters. Or you can power three subs at the same time. It’s truly a standalone amp because it can do so much.
For being a 6 channel amp, you might think it’s big, and on the contrary, it’s quite small thanks to the Class D design.
- 75 watts RMS x 6 at 4 ohms
- 100 watts RMS x 6 at 2 ohms
- 200 watts RMS x 3 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
This amplifier comes with a built-in DSP that’s already a money saver right there. The sound is clean, and the SQ is amazing and loud. It will definitely wake up the speakers.
The installation is a breeze even for beginners, plus there’s no wire splicing.
Here’s why it’s a must-buy:
- World of Difference in SQ: You will be getting a clean sound; the SQ is amazing, and it’s more than enough in loudness
- Cool Mobile Control: Talk about luxury. You can control this amp outside of the car or without reaching under the seat, thanks to the app
- Plug and play install: Even if it’s a 6 channel amplifier, it’s beginner-friendly, and it’s easy to install; there’s no wire slicing
Here are a few drawbacks:
Kenwood has dropped the ball in one category, and that’s the screw department. These are very soft screws, and you will strip them on the first try. To make things worse, you have to completely dismantle the amp to replace them.
The documentation is confusing, and the tech support is quite weak; they can only recite the confusing manual like a parrot.
By far, this is the amplifier that gives the most value for the price. Yes, sadly, it has a few flaws; however, the perks make it up for that. Did I say it has a built-in DSP at this steal of a deal price?
Beware! There are only a handful of units left because the secret is out, and people are buying like no tomorrow. You need to move fast if you don’t want to miss out on the best SQ and deal of a lifetime.
Holy cow! What is this thing? It’s been a while I had the opportunity to play around with a JL audio amplifier. I forgot how royalty feels like.
Simply put, this amplifier is a world changer. You don’t need to do a massive system overhaul, and you will get a massively superior improvement. I’ve tested it with the stock system, and the difference was night and day.
This JL audio is a 6 channel amp, and it’s Class D technology.
- 75 watts RMS x 6 at 4 ohms (100 watts RMS x 6 at 2 ohms)
- 200 watts RMS x 3 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable bridged)
The sound output is breathtakingly beautiful. They have thought of everything, like putting all the connections on one side for the astatic looks. It’s easy to install and runs cool. It’s compact, and there’s no distortion whatsoever. Plus, it has a separate EQ. I mean, you’re getting even the kitchen sink with this amplifier.
This is why it’s top of my list:
- Blown Away: I couldn’t believe the difference; it was night and day by simply just changing the amplifier. I didn’t change anything; the stock speakers remained the same only the amp was changed.
- What Distortions? JL did an amazing job with the crossovers; they simply kill any possible distortion. It’s insanely clean SQ
- Not Your Ordinary Class D: Typically, Class D amplifiers are flat, and JL has created a miracle amp; the SQ is amazing, and the song is beautiful and very musical
A few drawbacks to consider:
This JL amplifier does a great job powering on all 6 channels; however, if you have a monster of a sub, it would be a great idea to get a separate amp because it might not be sufficient power for it.
This is not a budget-friendly amp. You might need to consider a second mortgage.
When it comes to 6 channel amps, JL Audio is the reigning king. Yes, it’s true that it has a few flaws, and that can easily be forgotten after you let it loose. You won’t recognize your system after it boots up.
Even if this is quite an expensive amplifier, people are buying it up. The last time I’ve checked, there were still a few available. If they are gone, I have no clue when the next shipment comes. So you need to move fast and buy it now.
By far, this is the most affordable 6 channel amplifier on the market today. It’s so worth the money. Best of all, you’re getting a Bluetooth connection which means you can control your sound system remotely. How cool is that?
This 6 channel amplifier is a Class D unit (this is not advertised for some reason).
- 6 X 250W RMS @ 4 Ohms
- 6 X 350W RMS @ 2 Ohms
- 3 X 1,000W MAX @ 4 Ohms Bridged
- 6 X 500W MAX @ 4 Ohms
The music sounds a lot louder than before. The high-quality music can be felt. This amp provides more than enough power for a clean sound and to hit hard.
Best of all, the price is unbeatable and packaged with remote control, and you have one of the most affordable 6 channel amplifiers ever made.
Here’s why it’s a must-buy:
- Wireless Bluetooth: Welcome to the future. Now you don’t have to fiddle under the seat just to get the right settings, plus you can adjust things without entering your car. How cool is that?
- Super Loud: The sound quality is amazing, and there’s nothing else but high quality all around
- Budget Build: This amplifier delivers some great power for people on the budget. It’s cheap without being cheap
Here are a few drawbacks:
They advertise this amplifier handling 4000 Watts. I beg to differ simply because there were some heating issues when more subs were added.
There are some overheating issues reported by a few people. Even if it’s a Class D, this should be rare. However, it might happen if something is not right with the install
All in all, this Lanzar amplifier is a great addition to any system. It has a few flaws, and which one doesn’t? Either way, it’s affordable and gets the job done.
Since it’s an affordable amplifier, we shouldn’t wonder why it’s almost out of stock. This means you need to move if you feel that this is the right fit. Grab it now before someone else does.
What Is A 6 Channel Amplifier?
In essence the 6 channel amplifier is an amp that has 6 channel outputs that can power speakers, tweeter and subwoofers.
Typically 6 channel amps are ideal for SUVs or other large trucks.
The 6 channel amp will increase the low incoming power from the battery and turn it into loud, crisp and clean sound. When you’re feeding extra power into your system it will sound much better and I don’t just mean the loudness. As a matter of fact with a good 6 channel amp you will have no distortions and only pure clean sound.
Why Do You Need A 6 Channel Amp?
The answer is simple for this question you need it because you want a better sounding system. You know the car battery can’t provide enough power for speakers, tweeters and subwoofers. You need an amplifier to create that high power.
The 6 channel amp will help you access the lows, mids and highs with ease. You’re not just getting access but you will be getting some clean sound to make your commute or road trip as comfortable as it can be.
Related: Top rated 4 channel amps list
Conclusions on the Best 6 Channel Car Amplifier Awards
We have reached the end of this award ceremony. I had so much fun trying out these amplifiers. The remaining 3 are real champions because they are simply the best. I hope you’ve enjoyed this review as well and I hope that you have your winner already selected.
As you have seen I’ve done my best to cover the most popular systems and I’ve made sure that I include an amplifier for all price ranges.
Now it’s your turn. You have to move fast if you want to secure one of these babies. The stocks are almost empty only swift decisive action can get you one of these amps. So go ahead and buy it now.
If you happen to have tips or questions feel free to reach out to me. The best way is by email and I will do my best to reply.
Roger and Out
What channel amp do I need for 6 speakers?
You will need a 4 channel amp for 6 speakers because it’s more than enough to handle the system. Typically with a 4 channel amp you can power anything between 2-8 speakers.
Do they make a 6 channel amp?
Yes, there are plenty of 6 channel amps to choose from. Typically a 6 channel car amplifier can handle 4 speakers and 2 subwoofers. Or you can play around a bit with the configuration.
What is a 6 channel amp for?
A 6 channel amp is to power multiple audio devices up to 6. Typically a 6 channel amp can be used to power 4 speakers and two subwoofers. These 6 channel amps are mostly used in SUVs.
Can you run 6 speakers on a 4 channel amp?
Yes you can run 6 speakers on a 4 channel amp. Also you can wire them in series or in parallel. Typically a 4 channel amplifier can handle 2-8 speakers with ease.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ):
What are the features for these car amplifiers on the list?
To tell you the truth I don’t like talking about the features because they are boring if you’re interested here they are:
- JL Audio XD600/6v2 6-Channel car Amplifier – 75 watts RMS x 6; dual mosfet power supply; Frequency Response: 12 Hz – 22 kHz; variable frequency adjustment; clipping led indicator; accurate sound; high quality sound; bass boost
- Kenwood Excelon P-XR600-6DSP 6-Channel Car Amplifier with Digital Signal Processing and Maestro AR Interface; mosfet power supply; high power dsp; Frequency Response
20Hz-50kHz; versatile amp; app control low and high pass filters; bandpass filters; bass boost
- Lanzar Amplifier Car Audio, 4,000 Watt, 6 Channel, 2 Ohm, Bridgeable 4 Ohm, MOSFET power supply , RCA Input, Bass Boost, Mobile Audio, Car Amplifier for Car Speaker; class d amplifier; Frequency Response: 10Hz-45KHz; dedicated subwoofer channel; marine grade rating; bass boost
What’s so special about the Class D amplifier?
The class D amplifier is relatively new and it’s still evolving. Also the class D amplifier is the most efficient on the market which efficiency rating reaches 95% and it doesn’t strain the vehicle’s electrical system.
How important is the frequency response for the car audio system?
The frequency response is essentially the frequencies that the amplifier can go with. There are the lows, mids and highs. The low frequency response is given by the subwoofer, the mids by the car speakers (component speakers, rear speakers) and the high by the tweeters.
What can a six channels stereo system (car audio system) do for me?
If you want your car speakers to come alive with great sound quality you need to think of the entire system. First of all the factory radio won’t be good enough you might need to change it for a new head unit with mobile audio (depends on wireless range). Then you need a good amplifier class with speaker level inputs. The bass boost is always welcomed feature. You can rest assured that all amps have passed quality control checks. If you value efficiency then amplifier class D will be the best option. The mobile audio with speaker level inputs is a nice perk to have and you can use the sony music center app.
Last Updated on May 29, 2022 by Danny Reid