How to Play Video on Car Screen From Mobile/USB – In a Few Taps
Welcome to the Ultimate Guide on How To Play Video from Mobile or USB on You Car Screen!
If you have a smartphone and a head unit it’s obvious that you want to watch your favorite stuff on a bigger screen and this is what I will help you with.
The past few years it has been extremely difficult to watch your favorite movies, videos on your head unit. Now it’s brain-dead simple to do it.
You see with the latest apps you don’t have to root your phone (potentially voiding your warranty) or hire a grease monkey to hot-wire a few things.
No matter if you want to watch stuff from iPhone, Android or USB I have a the solution below.
Ok, just show me already!
What Will I Learn?
- How to Play Video on Car Screen From Mobile/USB – In a Few Taps
- How to Play Video on Car Screen From Mobile
- How to Play Video on Car Screen From USB?
- How to Stream Video from Phone to Car?
- How to Watch Videos on Your Car Screen: Local Broadcast Television
- How to Play Music Videos in Car Stereo?
- Which Car Screen Can You Use to Stream Videos and Multimedia?
- How to Watch Movies on Your Car Screen?
- How good is stream to your car 11 pro?
- Conclusions on How to Play Video on Car Screen From Mobile
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I mirror my phone to my car screen?
- How can I play video from my Android screen in my car?
- How do I make my car screen play videos?
- How to play video on car screen from mobile?
- How to watch movies on your car screen?
- How to play video on car screen while driving?
- Can I play videos on my car screen?
- Which are the most common questions regarding watching videos on a car screen?
- How to play video on Android Auto?
- How to play videos on Android Auto?
- How to watch Youtube on car screen?
How to Play Video on Car Screen From Mobile
Since there’s a different approach for iPhone and Android I detailed the steps separately.
How to Play Video on Car Screen From iPhone
This method doesn’t require jail breaking. You won’t lose your warranty either!
- Go to CarbridgApp.com
- Download the app (typically less than 1 minute)
- Connect to your car either by USB or Bluetooth
- That’s it enjoy your movies, streaming, music from your iPhone
- Please use it responsibly
How to Play Video on Car Screen From Android
For Android there’s a different app to use and this is how you set it up (again no rooting or anything questionable needed):
- Go on this website: https://github.com/shmykelsa/AAAD
- Download Android Auto Apps Downloaded (AAAD)
- Give all the permissions that are needed
- You can use 1 app from AAAD for free I highly recommend “Fermata Auto” (if you want to use multiple ones there’s a small fee)
- Connect to your car either by USB or Bluetooth
How to Play Video on Car Screen From USB?
Full disclaimer don’t watch videos while driving nothing good could come from that.
Before you start watching any movies while you are parked (right? you are parked) you need to convert the video to a specific format so you can see it in your car.
This format needs to be AVI extension. No problems just download the AVS video converter and convert your mp4 or what ever extension into AVI.
Here’s the settings that gives you the best results:
After you have plugged in the USB you might need to hit the Media Source button a few times to locate the USB. Also some cars require that your car to be stationary with the handbrake engaged. While other cars the movie is playing if the handbrake is disengaged and it only delivers the audio.
How to Stream Video from Phone to Car?
These days, people have the entire world on their phones. From messaging and staying connected to the people in your life and the world at large, the phone is a repository of several videos and multimedia elements.
It is only natural that one would want to stream something from their phone on the car screen when they are on the move. The two of the most important ways of streaming video from phone to car include USB ports and aux cables.
Car stereo systems are equipped with USB ports that allow you to connect your phone to the car’s stereo system, giving you a range of stuff to choose from when it comes to streaming.
Here is how you can stream movies and music videos from your phone to your car screen:
- Save all the data that you want to see on your car screen effectively on a USB port. This is the tool that you will be using to connect to your car’s stereo for streaming later.
- Once your car’s stereo is connected to the USB, you can stream the content in it on your car screen.
Aux cables are one of the most commonly used tools for streaming videos, audio and music videos and movies on your car. Anything that is there on the phone can be mirrored onto your car’s stereo.
The biggest benefit of using aux cables is that you don’t have to go through the trouble of saving something on the cable. You just need to connect your aux cable to the phone and enjoy seamless streaming on your car screen. It is simple, effective and immensely popular. And now you know why!
How to Watch Videos on Your Car Screen: Local Broadcast Television
If you are into watching and enjoying local broadcast television and have something important to watch while on the move, there is good news. There is a way you can watch videos on car screen easily without any hassles.
The installation might be slightly troublesome but it is worth the hassle if you really want to watch something. There are a number of requirements that you need to put in place should you decide to go ahead with the setup. These include an antenna, tuner and a display.
The antenna can be difficult to find, but will be worth it!
Similarly, if you wish to broadcast satellite television in your car, you need to buy a mobile antenna and a paid subscription to the service you want to stream. Though people have this in their homes, it can also be installed in cars. It is a wireless system that also gives it an edge over broadcast TV.
This is how to watch tv on your car screen or turn car screen into tv.
How to Play Music Videos in Car Stereo?
If you wish to play music videos in your car’s stereo, you can use some other options to do this if the above-discussed options do not appeal to you or are not working for some reason.
Here are a couple of options that you may consider:
- Bluetooth: All smartphones come equipped with Bluetooth and that makes multimedia sharing easier and simpler. Pairing devices with Bluetooth is simple and can be done in a fraction of a second.Hence, if you wish to stream a movie or music video on your car screen, you simply need to pair your phone’s Bluetooth with that of the car’s and stream whatever you wish to.
- SD or Memory Card: This is one of the oldest ways of streaming audio or video on your car screen. But you would have to check if your car stereo is equipped with a card reader.If it is, all you need to do is to connect your card reader to your car’s stereo and stream anything that you want.
This is how you watch or play videos on car screen.
Which Car Screen Can You Use to Stream Videos and Multimedia?
Car screens come in myriad shapes and sizes. If you are looking for an ultimate streaming experience, you can use the LED screen of your car for streaming multimedia.
Here are the components that you need to watch out for:
- Head Units: These are equipped for watching videos and several even have a touch feature that makes changing stuff easier and simpler and certainly faster. This is why it is one of the key features people look out for while buying or upgrading their car stereo.
- Removable LEDs: These can be used in the car stereo for a seamless experience. The fact that they are removable makes them flexible.
- Roof Fittings: Sometimes screens are fitted on the roofs of the car. These are adjustable and you can move them as you please for a seamless streaming experience.
How to Watch Movies on Your Car Screen?
In most cars, the head unit is equipped with DVD and CD elements and once you play them, you can watch movies on your car screen. Combination units are also adept at helping you watch movies on your car screen.
You need to put the CDs and DVDs in the combination unit set and they will stream the video for you, giving you a great experience. This is how to watch movies on car screen.
How good is stream to your car 11 pro?
With the recent update it supports Android 11 which allows you a lot more freedom.
You name it this android box does it all. From maps and navigation to YouTube, Netflix and a bunch of apps this is a real gem.
Before getting the stream to your car 11 pro make sure it’s compatible with your car that’s it.
Conclusions on How to Play Video on Car Screen From Mobile
It is very convenient to play movies and music videos on your car screen if you make use of some of the most commonly available tools such as aux, Bluetooth and memory cards among others. There are several options available and you may choose as you please.
A word of caution though, you need to follow all the laws and take necessary precautions while streaming and driving simultaneously. Do not get too engrossed in watching the video that you end up in an accident.
Maybe you can help me out with something. Can you please share on social media what you have learned from this post? Thank you!
Roger and out.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I mirror my phone to my car screen?
Yes you can.
- Turn your Bluetooth on and pair it with your car
- Settings > General > CarPlay
- Choose your car to mirror your iPhone
- Connect to your car by USB cable or pair it with your Bluetooth
- Press Android Auto on your Head Unit
How can I play video from my Android screen in my car?
Install Android Auto Apps Downloaded which is the simplest way to play video from any android phone to the screen of your car. You won’t require a PC nor you have to ROOT your phone. Within the app you install Fermata Auto and you’re set to enjoy videos on the big screen.
How do I make my car screen play videos?
If you have an iPhone you can use the app called CarBridge. After installing it you will be able to play any video from your phone on the car screen. For Android there’s Android Auto Apps Downloaded (AAAP) after install all you need to do is within the app install Fermata Auto and you can enjoy your videos.
How to play video on car screen from mobile?
You can play videos on your car screen from your mobile either by using a mirroring app. What plays on your mobile is shown on the car screen. Or you get a special app that allows you to watch videos without mirroring it’s called Android Auto Apps Downloaded (AAAP) after install all you need to do is within the app install Fermata Auto and you’re set.
How to watch movies on your car screen?
To watch movies on your car screen all you have to do is connect your phone via USB to the car or the USB stick to the car. With the phone you can either mirror your screen or use the head units built in apps.
How to play video on car screen while driving?
All you need is to install the app called Android Auto Apps Downloaded (AAAP) after install all you need to do is within the app install Fermata Auto. Full Disclaimer you shouldn’t be watching videos while driving and this is for educational purposes only.
Can I play videos on my car screen?
Yes you can play videos on your car screen. For that you need a decent head unit plus either a phone or a USB device. Additionally you might need a software to help you play videos on car screen or watch movies in car.
Which are the most common questions regarding watching videos on a car screen?
These are the most important questions that people ask:
how to play video in car screen
how to watch videos on car screen
how to play video on car screen android
how to play videos on car screen
how to watch tv on car screen
And for all of these you will find an answer above.
How to play video on Android Auto?
The easiest way to play video on Android Auto is to install the AAAD app to download and install third-party video playback apps that will work with Android Auto. I highly recommend the app called Fermata Auto.
How to play videos on Android Auto?
For Androids, the best way to play videos is by installing the AAAD app. This app allows you to download Android Auto third-party apps and correctly install them. It also grants you full access to all the features of the built-in touch screen in your car. I highly recommend the app called Fermata Auto.
How to watch Youtube on car screen?
Last Updated on November 13, 2022 by Danny Reid