How much do car subwoofers cost?
What Will I Learn?
- How much do car subwoofers cost?
- Before you buy a sub, you need to think about what matters to you most
- Pricing of Car Subwoofers
- How much does it cost to install a subwoofer?
- Conclusions for how much are subwoofers for cars
The price of car subwoofers varies depending on several factors. You can find cheap car subs for as low as $50 and expensive subwoofers cost over $1000. How much you spend will depend on your preferences. If you want to find the cheapest subwoofer, look online. You can often find discount subwoofers for a fraction of their original price. If you are looking to buy the best car subwoofer that money can buy, you should expect to pay over $1000. You often get what you pay for, so expect high-quality subwoofers to cost more.
Before you buy a sub, you need to think about what matters to you most
It all boils down to your priorities: if you want to wake up the neighborhood, you’ll have to spend more money. If you only want to hear low-end bass for cheap and don’t want to shake your car, high-quality equipment will be a waste of money.
Before you figure out how much money you’ll need, consider these factors:
1) The subwoofer’s power requirement
First, you need to decide what kind of power you need. If you want your subwoofer to shake and rattle everything inside the car, then it might require a high level of power. Some car subwoofers require high power, while others don’t. To figure out how much power you want your subwoofer to have, use the RMS (Root Mean Square) value of the subwoofer. You can find this number in most product descriptions for car subs. The higher the watts an item has, the better it can handle demanding tasks.
2) Subwoofers require amplifiers
Second, remember that car subwoofers require an amplifier for high-end performance. Some subs come with their own built-in amplifier, but if your subwoofer doesn’t come with an amp and you want one, then factor that in when figuring out how much you can spend. You don’t need a powerful one, but you should buy the best one you can afford.
3) Additional features
Third, decide on additional features you want your subwoofer to have. For example, some high-end subs come with Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming. Some models even come with their own remote which you can use to turn up and down volume or switch songs while driving around. Many subwoofers even come with LED lights.
4) Subwoofer size
Next, decide on speaker size. You can get subwoofers in 10 inch, 12 inch, 15 inches and 8 inches. Before you get a subwoofer, decide how much room you have in your car and check that the woofers fit properly and don’t interfere with other parts of your car. You should choose whatever best fits your car. Some subs fit under the seat of your car, but you can mount them in other areas if necessary.
Also, you should also decide on the enclosure. The type of enclosure you want will depend on how much room in your car you are willing to give up for subwoofers. Consider whether you want a ported or sealed enclosure. In general, sealed enclosures have better sound quality.
6) How much money do you want to spend?
The last thing to consider is the the budget. Decide how much you want to spend and then buy subwoofers accordingly. If you are just looking for a cheap way to add bass to your car, then the only priority is price. If you also want the best sound quality possible and high durability, be prepared to pay much more as these qualities usually come with higher prices.
Pricing of Car Subwoofers
- Under $100: There are a few things to consider with these subs: the wattage is usually less than what you’d want for high-quality subwoofers, and they don’t come with additional features like bluetooth. They don’t have good build quality in general and they’re made of average materials. If you’re just looking for a cheap way to add some bass to your car, then these will get the job done. However, if you also want good sound quality and durability for a long time, then this is not the way to go.
- $100 – $200: Subwoofers in this price range have a good amount of power, above average sound quality and decent durability. Most subs in this category are made with high-quality materials like polypropylene cones with rubber surrounds. These subwoofers are also ideal for pairing with amps.
- Over $200: Subwoofers that cost $200 or more come with better materials and have higher power. The sound quality in these subwoofers is good to excellent. Subwoofers in this range have excellent build quality with amazing durability. They are also more likely to come with additional features like bluetooth. In this price range, you can get car subwoofer kits. These are packages of subs, amps and other equipment which save you money. The only downside of these subwoofers is that they can be quite expensive.
How much does it cost to install a subwoofer?
You can expect the cost of subwoofer installation to run anywhere from a whopping $300 to $100 or less. Estimates will depend on region, exact car model, subwoofer size and brand, as well as other factors. Many car audio specialists will be able to provide you with an accurate installation price.
Conclusions for how much are subwoofers for cars
As you can see, there are a variety of factors to consider when deciding how much you want to pay for subwoofers. Hopefully this article has helped you choose what’s best for your needs. Remember, all car subwoofer types will work, but some produce better sound quality and may be more expensive. However, as you pay more for car subs, in general you get better sound quality and durability. As subwoofers go, the price is proportionate to both the power of the speaker, the size of the enclosure and the quality.
how much are subwoofers for cars
Last Updated on January 11, 2022 by Danny Reid