Best Subwoofer for Single Cab Truck with Pros, Cons & Recommendations
Welcome to the best Subwoofer for Single Cab Truck awards!
After having spent the last 14 days in my garage unboxing, mounting, screwing, running wires, soldering, and breaking-in subwoofers while skipping the kids’ bedtime stories (sorry, honey…), I’m ready to reveal which are the very best subs for a single cab truck.
Finding the perfect subwoofer for your truck comes down to two things: the space available and your budget. As soon as you have determined these, it will be easy to find the perfect woofer. I have ruthlessly eliminated more than a dozen subs from my list, leaving only three champions. I’m ranking these champs based on their size, power, bass strength, and price.
Frankly, picking any sub from the list below guarantees you a winner. You see, for the past 20 years, I’ve installed all types of audio equipment in all types of vehicles, from regular rust buckets to the latest top-of-the-line models. Since people want their single cab trucks to sound as great as possible, I’ve dug into my knowledge and brought you these subs.
I’ve done the heavy lifting for you and made sure that picking the right sub is as easy as possible. By reading this review, you will save a ton of time, and you will be enjoying some great sound and bass in a jiffy.
Now, let’s feel some thump, thump already!
In a Hurry? Here Are the Top 3 Subwoofers for Trucks
For truck owners who want some clean bass and to enjoy music as if they were at a concert.
It’s for single cab truck owners who want to make their daily commute more enjoyable with pounding bass.
It’s for truck owners who have no space whatsoever and still want some great bass for the ride.
What Will I Learn?
- Best Subwoofer for Single Cab Truck with Pros, Cons & Recommendations
- In a Hurry? Here Are the Top 3 Subwoofers for Trucks
- #1 Kenwood KSC-PSW8 – Best Single Cab Truck Subwoofer Overall
- #2 Rockford Fosgate R2S-1X12 – Best Subwoofer for Truck
- #3 Alpine SWT-12S4 – Best 12 inch Enclosed Sub for Trucks
- Conclusions for the best subwoofer for single cab truck
- Single Cab Truck Subs Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- Can you put a subwoofer in a single cab truck?
- What are the best subs for a truck?
- Is it better to have 1 or 2 subwoofers?
- What is the frequency response for these subwoofers for single cab trucks?
- Which subs didn’t make on the best subs for single cab trucks list?
- What are the absolute must features for a sub for single cab trucks?
- What is the best subwoofer for trucks?
- What is a passive subwoofer?
- What are best subwoofers for trucks?
- What is the best truck subwoofer for deep bass?
- What is the best subwoofer for pickup truck?
Boys and girls, we have the perfect sub for those who are looking to get some great sound in their trucks without sacrificing some precious space. This Kenwood subwoofer is an 8-inch one and is rated at 150 Watts RMS.
Don’t underestimate this one because it delivers a punchy bass that you can feel. Plus, it hits the lows perfectly, so if you want to round out your system, this is the winner for you.
If you don’t have any space to spare, this Kenwood delivers some hard-hitting bass. It’s ideal for daily driving, and best of all, the remote will allow you to adjust the bass levels according to each song.
This is why it’s top of my list:
- Small and packs a punch: This sub has a very thin profile, so that it won’t take up too much space, and it’s ideal for truck owners.
- Surprisingly powerful bass: Indeed, most slim 8-inch subs don’t deliver, but this Kenwood woofer is the exception. The punchy bass can be felt, and it makes your commute enjoyable.
- Safe driving: The remote is handy and easy to use, so you can keep your eyes on the road while adjusting the bass to every song.
A few drawbacks that I’ve encountered:
It’s an 8-inch sub. So, if you have the right expectations, it will be a good fit for your truck. However, if you’re looking for some teeth-rattling bass, then this sub is not for you.
Some people complained that the mounting is extremely hard. This can be true if you don’t get the right wiring harness. Also, if you’re stuck, it’s a good idea to let a pro look at it.
This is a very popular sub amongst truck owners, and I’ve installed it in so many vehicles that I’ve lost count. The list includes a Ford F-150, Nissan Hard Body, Chevy Crew Cab, Tundra, 4runner, Silverado, and Highlander, to name a few.
Since these subwoofers are so popular, they are flying off the shelves, and people are complaining about not being in stock. Now, it’s your turn. If you feel that this sub is the right fit, grab it while it is available or risk waiting for a long time.
If you want something bigger, like a 12-inch sub, check out #2 on my list below.
If you love rock and country concerts, this sub is as close as you can get to a live event. The bass is strong, despite the sub’s slim design.
This is the perfect sub package because you’re getting quality bass and excellent SQ, and it’s on the inexpensive side as well. Can you ask for more?
This 12-inch shallow mount sub is rated at 250 Watts RMS power handling and brings the thunder. If you put it against the back of your seat, you will feel the punch. All in all, this sub is many truck owners’ preferred choice.
Here’s why it’s a must-buy:
- Quality Bass: Don’t let the size fool you, this little one packs a punch. As a matter of fact, I got a headache every time I turned it up. It delivers great bass while being inexpensive.
- Built like a tank: This is a sturdy and durable subwoofer. I can count a few installs that are a few years old, and they are still going strong after daily use. It’s a good choice.
- Slim Design: This is an excellent choice for truck drivers because it doesn’t take up too much precious space. Plus, it delivers in the bass department.
A few drawbacks that you must know about:
This is not for bass heads, and it’s recommended for 25 years and above, when the head exploding bass period has passed.
Depending on your music style, it might not be the right fit. It’s missing some of the mids and lows, so rap and hip hop are not a good fit for this sub.
This Rockford Fosgate sub is well-liked by many truck owners. So far, I’ve installed it in a Dodge Ram, Toyota Tundra, Chevy Silverado, and a Land Cruiser. The owners were all too happy with their new systems.
The last time I checked, there were only a few left in stock. This means you have to move fast or you’ll risk missing out on this sweet-sounding sub. So, grab one while you can.
This is one sexy sub to work with! Don’t be fooled by the odd shape because it knows how to deliver. It resembles the old bazooka subs, and it’s a lot different.
This Alpine sub is a 12” one that is rated at 300 Watts RMS power handling. It’s quite easy to install and remove as well, so whenever you need that extra space, you will be able to remove it in a few minutes.
The best place to mount it is on the floor, so it’s secure. Since it has a tube design, it will roll around, so make sure you secure it in place, or you’ll risk damaging it.
Here’s why it’s a must-buy:
- Great source for thump, thump: This sub delivers the perfect bass. Many people are surprised by the amazing sound quality because they underestimate the design, and boy, they are in for a surprise!
- Space saver: Having this unique tube shape design allows you to enjoy great bass without sacrificing space.
- Easy to install: I like the enclosed subs because it makes the installation that much easier. All you have to do is get the right wiring kit, and it becomes plug and play.
A few drawbacks that you must know about:
Although this sub comes with a space-saving tube design, it tends to roll around quite a lot. So, you have to figure out a good mounting position, or it might get damaged over time.
There were a few complaints that this sub has died fast. I don’t know these people’s setups or what parts they have used, however, I recommend having everything in place in the electrical department and getting a more than decent sub.
This sub fits well in trucks, so it’s no wonder why people are grabbing them like hotcakes. For some reason, there are stock issues, and the new units arrive late. So, if you feel that this sub is the right fit, you have to move, or you’ll risk missing out. The subs are flying off the shelves as we speak. It’s up to you now.
Related subwoofer page: Best subwoofer for cars in the world.
Conclusions for the best subwoofer for single cab truck
We have reached the end of this award show. By now, you should know which sub is the best fit for your truck. Picking any one of the above is a guaranteed winner, which will deliver that much-needed bass in your truck.
I’ve tested like two dozen or so subwoofers, and I’ve only left the champions on this list. There are three of them so that you won’t be overwhelmed by the choices.
Now make sure you move fast because many of these subs are at the point of being sold out. If that’s the case, do come back later because some of them get new shipments regularly.
If you have questions or tips, you know where the contact button is.
Roger and out!
You might also be interested in: What is the best kicker subwoofer?
Single Cab Truck Subs Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Can you put a subwoofer in a single cab truck?
Yes you can put a subwoofer in a single cab truck. You can actually choose to put one or dual (double) subwoofer package. By upgrading your sound system you will be getting a sweet sounding ride
What are the best subs for a truck?
The best subs for a truck would be:
- Kenwood KSC-PSW8 250W Max (150 Watt RMS power) Single 8″ Under Seat Powered Subwoofer Enclosure W/Remote Control
- Rockford Fosgate R2S-1X12 R2 Shallow Prime Single 12-Inch Subwoofer Enclosure
- Alpine SWT-S10 1200 Watts Max power (250 Watts RMS power output) Single 10″ Sealed Subwoofer
Is it better to have 1 or 2 subwoofers?
Having 1 or 2 subwoofers depends on your space available. It’s true that two smaller subwoofers will provide a stronger and louder bass and if you pick the right bigger sub this can be mitigated.
What is the frequency response for these subwoofers for single cab trucks?
The frequency response for these subwoofers for single cab truck would be:
- Kenwood KSC-PSW8 250W Max (peak power) (150 Watt RMS power output) Single 8″ Under Seat Powered Subwoofer Enclosure W/Remote Control; frequency response: 35 – 150 Hz
- Rockford Fosgate R2S-1X12 R2 Shallow Prime Single 12-Inch Subwoofer Enclosure; frequency response: 29-250 Hz; Constructed with 5/8 Inch MDF wood; impedance: 2 ohm ; 250 watts rms power
- Alpine SWT-S10 1200 Watts Max power (peak power) (250 Watt RMS power output) Single 10″ Sealed Subwoofer; frequency response: 35 – 200 Hz; final impedance: 4 ohm
Which subs didn’t make on the best subs for single cab trucks list?
These subs were shorted out last from the single cab trucks list: pioneer ts 10 inch subwoofer box, american sound connection regular cab truck subwoofer, sound storm LOPRO8 regular standard cab truck subwoofer, kicker 10 inch regular standard cab truck, kicker c12 subwoofer for a single cab trucks, and dual 12 inch sub box enclosure (subwoofer enclosure), asc package single car subwoofer box. This is why it didn’t make the list: sound quality wasn’t clear enough, the sub box enclosure wasn’t that premium, the low pass filter wasn’t low enough, high flow airspace, low frequency variable bass car audio, coil wire, vented pole piece, sufficient mounting depth, dual 12 inch voice coil, not enough quality sound, slim profile active powered truck subwoofer enclosure, no bass boost, not a sealed enclosure, not a thin profile subwoofer enclosure (sub box enclosure).
What are the absolute must features for a sub for single cab trucks?
These features are a must for a car subwoofer: thin profile subwoofer enclosure (sub box enclosure), max power at least 600 watts, minimum 200 watts, .69 cubic feet subwoofer boxes, 2 ohm, 4 ohm impedance, single or dual voice coil, high quality sound and superior audio quality, bass boost, sealed enclosure.
What is the best subwoofer for trucks?
The best subwoofer for trucks is the Kenwood KSC-PSW8. If you want to add deep bass to your audio system, this is the best sub for a truck. Most single cab trucks don’t have enough space for a large subwoofer box enclosure, so the best truck subwoofer would be one that fits in your space and matches your sound. If you want to add bass without sacrificing too much room, then this is the best choice for you. For the loudest bass with the most thump and punch, you will want to add 2 subs in order to get more power output. You get a variable bass boost for your sound systems. A quality subwoofer for truck adds incredible bass to your music, making it sound awesome. Also, you can listen for longer without any interruption as the woofers offer good quality sound with deeper lows and more volume. You can fit a shallow mount subwoofer under your car seat easily. The shallow mount subwoofers are very easy to install and by installing you can enjoy deep bass (loud sound and loud bass) for a longer time without any interruption. Also, the look of a truck will be enhanced with a quality woofer. The installation process is even easier as there is no modification required in the under-seat area of the truck. JL audio is also a decent choice because they make one of the best under seat truck woofers. You will enjoy accurate bass (big bass)
What is a passive subwoofer?
A passive subwoofer is one that doesn’t have an amplifier. The downside to this is you have to hook the subwoofer up to your head unit or amp so it can produce any sound at all. Passive subs also tend to be cheaper. A built in amplifier will allow the subwoofer to produce sound with or without an external amplifier.
What are best subwoofers for trucks?
The best subwoofers for trucks are the Kenwood KSC-PSW8 and the Rockford Fosgate R2S-1X12. These two subs offer great sound quality, deep bass, and are easy to install. If you want the loudest bass possible, you may want to consider adding two subs to your system.
What is the best truck subwoofer for deep bass?
The best truck subwoofer for deep bass is the Kenwood KSC-PSW8. This sub offers great sound quality and deep bass that will add some serious thump to your music. It’s also easy to install, so you won’t have to worry about spending hours trying to get it set up.
What is the best subwoofer for pickup truck?
The best subwoofer for a pickup truck is the Rockford Fosgate R2S-1X12. This sub offers great sound quality, deep bass, and is easy to install. It’s also compact so it won’t take up a lot of space in your truck.
Last Updated on August 25, 2022 by Danny Reid