The Best Rockford Fosgate Subwoofers with Pros, Cons & Recommendations
What Will I Learn?
- The Best Rockford Fosgate Subwoofers with Pros, Cons & Recommendations
- #1 Rockford Fosgate P300-12 Punch – Best Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer
- #2 Rockford Fosgate P3D2-12 Punch – Best 12 Inch Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer
- #3 Rockford Fosgate PS-8 Punch – Best 8 Inch Enclosed Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer
- #4 Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8 – Best 8 Inch Rockford Fosgate Sub
- #5 Rockford Fosgate P300-10T Punch – Best 10 Inch Enclosed Rockford Fosgate Sub
- #6 Rockford Fosgate P3D4-10 Punch – Best 10 Inch Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer
- Rockford Subwoofer Reviews Conclusions
- Best Rockford Fosgate Subwoofers Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- What is the most powerful Rockford Fosgate subwoofer?
- What is the best subwoofer on the market?
- Are Rockford Fosgate P3 Subs good?
- What is the best subwoofer for deep bass?
- What is the peak power, RMS power handling and frequency response for these best rockford fosgate subwoofers?
- Which rockford fosgate subwoofers didn’t make it on the list?
- Are P3 subwoofers the best from rockford fosgate?
- What’s so special about the best rockford fosgate subwoofers?
- Where can I buy the best Rockford Fosgate subwoofer?
- Why is power handling important?
- Which Rockford Fosgate performs well in sealed and vented enclosures?
- Which rockford fosgate subwoofer has the best mounting depth?
- What is the best Rockford Fosgate subwoofer?
- Are Rockford Fosgate subs good?
- Why is rockford fosgate so expensive?
- Is rockford fosgate the best?
- Is rockford fosgate good?
Welcome to the best Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer Awards!
After spending the last 15 days installing and testing Rockford Fosgate subs and sacrificing my favorite TV show, and skipping on house chores while my wife paid it back by spoiling the episode, I’m ready to reveal my findings. Also, I will help you choose the right sub for your ride.
For more than 20 years, I’ve installed every audio component on the market in cars and trucks. I’ve seen it all, from cars made in the ’60s to the last generation trucks, and I’ve tuned them to perfection. So I’ve decided to share my knowledge and make your choice as easy as possible.
I’m ranking the 8 best Rockford Fosgate subs by power, bass punchiness and ease of install. Buying a great subwoofer comes down to your budget and the available space. As soon as you know that, it will be easy to find the perfect sub for your music ears.
Also, these subs are in two main categories. There are regular subwoofers and enclosed ones. In both categories, I’ve picked the most popular sizes from 8” all the way up to 12” so you can enjoy an emotional connection with your music without having to dismantle the whole interior.
Now let’s hear some bass already!
And we have a WINNER!
Boys, after all the wiring and testing, this Rockford Fosgate is the winner. As you know, this company has been around for a while, and they are known to create excellent products. This sub is part of the “Punch” series, and it’s not a joke if you love deep bass, this baby over-delivers.
A friend of mine managed to crack his windshield with this sub, so be careful with the gain. Another friend of mine who is a bit older defended the purchase as it’s being cheaper than getting a corvette. His wife thought that he’s having a midlife crisis.
This Rockford Fosgate subwoofer is a powered sub with a built in amp that is rated at 300 Watts RMS. I almost forgot to mention that the subwoofer is 12”.
This sub does everything you will ever need. Maybe you want just that little kick for your daily commute, or you can turn it up like a music maniac; no matter your preference, you have a winner right here.
On the other hand, listening on a decent level is loud enough, and you’re getting a clean sound. Best of all, it’s easy to install, and if the need arises, you can easily detach it to have extra space.
Here’s why this subwoofer got the top spot:
- Bass for your ride: it’s not only an audio enhancement, but it’s the “Punch” series, so you’re getting a punchy clean sound without being overwhelming
- It can take a beating: this sub is made out of sturdy materials it has protection, plus it’s double boxed, so you know it’s protected during shipping
- Simple Install: you don’t need an engineering degree to get it installed, and being a 12” it takes up some space no worries because it can be easily disconnected
Also, there’s no such thing as the perfect sub, so here are a few drawbacks:
- My biggest gripe was the Velcro, there’s no other way to say this, but it sucks. The sub flips over when I accelerate, so it needs a better solution for mounting
- It’s not a light sub, and it does take up some space in the trunk, so expect that. On the other hand, it’s easy to detach when the need arises.
I’ve got many friends to volunteer for this sub, so here’s the list of cars I’ve installed it in: 4Runner, Kia Optima, Jeep Wrangler, Honda Civic Si, Toyota Prius, Ford Bronco, Silverado, Mustang, Honda Accord, Fiat 500, and they were all happy with the results.
Just in case you want a standard sub and create your own system, then check out #2.
You need to move if you won’t get this sub because the stocks are low. It takes weeks until they are replenished, so jump on it.
Warning! This sub will completely ruin your music experience outside the car. Everything will be dull and flat; don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Depending on your inclination, get only one if you want to hear all the notes deeper than ever before and get 2 if you want to rattle cars around you.
The vibrations are out of this world. Did you know that it’s a cheap way to turn your driving seat into a massage chair? Yes, it’s that powerful.
Here are the features why it’s a must-buy:
- What’s that I can’t hear you over the bass: this sub hits hard and fast; it’s not for the faint of heart
- The Ultimate Attention Grabber: the bass is deep, and the sound quality is crystal clear. It will grab anybody’s attention when you’re in the neighborhood.
- If you want to see the highest rated deep bass subs take a look at the best car subwoofer for deep bass page.
- Not a Bank Breaker: for being a 12” and so powerful sub, it’s not expensive; this baby is right for any pocket; it’s simply amazing what it provides. As a matter of fact, it’s a steal
- Built to last: the materials used are top-notch. It’s very solid and well-built, and this subwoofer will last for many years to come.
Also, there are a few drawbacks:
- This is not a joke. It will hurt your ears if you listen to it for a long time at higher levels; it’s not worth it.
- It’s not as easy to install, so it might be a great idea to have a pro do it.
I’ve tested this sub with many different cars and trucks like: Camry XLE, Volvo 850, Tundra, 99 Ranger XLT, Lexus, Accord, Tacoma, and this baby an excellent job in all of them.
These subs fly off the shelves, so make sure you grab one before they are out of stock. The thing is, it can be a week or more until they restock. Take action.
This Rockford Fosgate subwoofer is the winner for you. Don’t get fooled by being just an 8-inch sub. It’s rated at 150 Watts RMS, which delivers the perfect bass.
This sub is perfect for those who don’t have any or minimal space because it has a ZERO impact on the interior space. This sub is the perfect solution if you want noticeable sound quality improvement and deliver a top-notch low end.
Being an enclosed sub means that you don’t have to mess around with anything. It’s as simple as plug-and-play.
Here are the reasons why it’s a great investment:
- Solid bass: there are no complaints here whatsoever. It hits hard and clean as it should
- Compact: no matter what kind of car or truck you have, this 8” sub will deliver excellent sound quality without having any impact on interior space
- Easy to install: being an enclosed sub, it’s easy to install. There’s no wire needed to be run to the battery
I have to mention the drawbacks as well:
- Warning! This little thing is so good that you might have to invest in better speakers because the stock is just not good enough.
- Being an 8” sub, you can’t expect way too much from it, so it’s not meant for an SPL contest, and bassheads should take a pass on it.
- On a side note, they could’ve made better setting knobs because they are way too tiny for my fingers.
This Rockford Fosgate sub is quite popular, so I have installed it in different cars and trucks such as: Tacoma, GMC Sierra, Lexus, Chevy 2500 HD, Tundra, Ram 2500, F1500 and ’97 Ranger and the owners were all smiling.
Last time I’ve checked, there were only a few in stock, so jump on it immediately, or you have to wait for a long time.
These are the subwoofers I like which are punchy and tight at the same time. Do you know that old song that you have listened to it over and over for years? With this sub, you will get a new dimension and possibly fall in love with it again.
Secret! If you manage to find the sweet spot, you can actually shake your mirrors. Yes, you can do it with this 8 inch Rockford Fosgate subwoofer.
You must check out these awesome features:
- Solid Bass: be patient with this one because it takes a while to break in. Once that happens, the bass is tight and punchy. From my experience, it works best with 80’ music, rock and hip hop.
- Excellent Quality and Space Saver: This subwoofer has a shallow profile great for cars and trucks that have no space to spare, plus it has a high-end build quality for bragging rights.
- Fits and functions properly: This sub is a beauty loud enough to enjoy without disturbing the surroundings.
A bit of cold water here are the drawbacks:
- Brace yourself. This sub has a long break-in period. It can be up to three weeks. This comes from the unique form that this sub has. It’s all worth it in the end because the music is out of this world.
- My main gripe with this sub was that the screw pattern is different so if that’s the case with you, have a drill arm reach so you can mount it properly.
So far, I’ve installed it in 4Runner, 2015 Mustang, 2001 Explorer, 2002 Tahoe, Yukon, Lincoln Mark LT, and it has held its ground nobody asked me to take it out.
Being a small-sized subwoofer means that it’s in high demand, so don’t be surprised that there are only a few in stock. This subwoofer was rated as the #1 best shallow mount subwoofer.
Buy them fast, or you risk waiting for a long time.
If you want a subwoofer that instantly makes you smile from ear to ear, this Rockford Fosgate is your best choice. It has everything you need: a cool-looking box, 10” high-quality subwoofer, 300 Watts RMS Amp to boom, and a protection grille so that it will last for a long time.
Let’s talk about the bass. This subwoofer delivers way more bass than you will ever need. As a matter of fact, it’s OVERKILL. You will have to keep the gain low or risk causing lasting harm.
Don’t underestimate this subwoofer because it has everything you will ever need, and the installation is a breeze. There’s no guesswork, only plug and play.
These are the reasons why it’s a must-buy in my book:
- Makes you Smile: So far, this is the only subwoofer that I’ve found that makes people smile as soon as it’s turned on
- Bass is Overkill: This subwoofer hits hard. Make sure that you keep the gain at a low level because it’s too much. If you do so, you’ll be enjoying clean and accurate punch
- Easy on the budget and compact: It’s so worth the money, and as a matter of fact, it’s a steal for a compact subwoofer
Make sure you check out the drawbacks as well:
- The remote is sore for the eyes. Who on earth is designing these cheesy remotes?
- The biggie is with the Velcro because it doesn’t keep the sub immobilized. You will have to find a different way to mount it properly.
This subwoofer is a winner for many vehicles such as: F150, Mazda 3, Silverado, Jeep Wrangler, Tundra, Ford Ranger.
It’s a powerful and quite affordable sub, so it’s flying off the shelves, so get it as soon as possible, or you will be missing out big time.
Let’s face it, for some good punch; you need some serious power. This sub is rated at 500 Watts RMS. Just what the dr ordered for those who need a punchy bass that is felt in the chest. Better yet, it’s a chest-pounding thump.
For all those Rockford Fosgate who loved their products in the 90’s guess what? This sub is just as good, if not better. No matter what kind of music you’re into, this sub will deliver.
Check out these features why it’s a must-have:
- It makes a 40-year-old giggle like a child: either the emotional connection to the music or chest massaging thump or remembering something 20 years ago
- The First Choice: for any type of music and it delivers clean and punchy bass
- It can take a beating: it’s a solid build and relatively compact, and it will last for a long time.
To balance things out, there are the drawbacks:
- You have to be patient because the break-in period is a long one
- What I’ve noticed was that it has low sensitivity, and the tonality is light as well
This subwoofer is a winner for many cars and trucks such as: F250, 2016 WRX, 94 Cobra, Tacoma and Fusion Ecoboost.
Even though it’s the last one on my list, it is still a good one. As a matter of fact, it’s so good that there is only one left at the time of this writing. So grab it while it’s still available.
Rockford Subwoofer Reviews Conclusions
Dear reader, we have reached the end of this best Rockford Fosgate subwoofer review. By now, you should know which one of these subs is the right fit for you. Frankly, picking anyone from above you will have a winner.
Not only will you enjoy a great music experience every time you are driving, but you will find yourself finding different excuses just to drive around. Will it turn into an addiction? Maybe…
Now make sure that you jump on your preferred sub instantly because they are running low on stocks. You might be tempted to wait a bit which will turn to weeks until the stock gets refilled.
And as a final thought, if you have questions or tips, feel free to reach out to me.
Roger and out!
Best Rockford Fosgate Subwoofers Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
What is the most powerful Rockford Fosgate subwoofer?
The most power subwoofer that Rockford Fosgate ever made is the T3S1-19 Power 19″ T3 Single 1-Ohm 3000 Watts RMS / 6000 Watts Max Subwoofer. It’s an insane sub that is 19″ and the power handling is 3000 Watts RMS. The frequency rate of the sub is 27 Hz, which makes this sub perfect for car shows or just chilling out on long road trips. If you want accurate bass or feel it deep in your chest, you should definitely check this one out.
What is the best subwoofer on the market?
The best subwoofer on the market is the Rockford Fosgate P300 12 inch Punch 300 Watt Powered Loaded 12 Inch Subwoofer Enclosure and followed closely by the MTX TNP212D2 12 Inch 400-Watt RMS Dual Loaded 1200-Watt Car Subwoofer Enclosure Audio with Sub Box, Mono Block Amplifier, and 8 Gauge Amplifier Amp Complete Wiring Installation Kit. Take a look at other top rated 12 inch subwoofers, if you want to see the best of the best.
Are Rockford Fosgate P3 Subs good?
Yes the Rockford Fosgate P3 series are excellent subs. As a matter of fact, it’s their best subwoofer for car series ever made. It’s called the Punch series and they weren’t joking you can feel it and it’s hard. Punch subwoofers have a big peak power, so they have very high music power ratings. Also, the P3 series is a good choice because you can get a sealed enclosure or a vented enclosure whichever you want.
Rockford Fosgate takes pride in having some of the best car stereo equipment available to be purchased for car audio systems. If you are looking for quality sound, accuracy in your car, then I would recommend to check out the Rockford Fosgate brand. They are one of the best in the car audio industry. Car audio enthusiasts love them for their sound system.
Rockford Fosgate takes pride in having some of the best car stereo equipment available to be purchased for car audio system.
What is the best subwoofer for deep bass?
The best subwoofer for deep bass is as follows:
- Rockford Fosgate P300 12 inch Punch 300 Watt Powered Loaded 12-Inch Subwoofer Enclosure
- Pioneer TS-WX130DA Compact Active subwoofer
- KICKER 44CWCS124 CompC 12 Inch 600 Watt 4 Ohm Single Voice Coil Car Audio Subwoofers with Polypropylene Cone and Polyurethane Surround
Here’s the technical information like peak power and frequency response for these rockford fosgate subwoofers:
- Rockford Fosgate P300-12 Punch 300 Watt Powered Loaded 12 Inch Subwoofer Enclosure; 300 Watt amplifier; Frequency response: 35-150 Hz
- Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12 Punch P3 DVC 4 Ohm DVC 12 Inch 600-Watt RMS 1200-Watt Peak Subwoofer; 600 watts rms power 1200 watts peak power; Frequency response: 28-250 Hz
- Rockford Fosgate PS-8 Punch Single 8″ Amplified Loaded Enclosure Subwoofer; built-in 150 Watt Class D amplifier; Frequency response: 25-150 Hz
- Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8 8″ Dual 2-Ohm Punch Series Shallow Mount Car Subwoofer; 300 watts maximum power (peak power); 150 watts rms power handling; Frequency response: 38-250 Hz
- Rockford Fosgate P300-10T Punch 10 inch 300 Watt Powered Truck Sealed Box Subwoofer; 300 watt class-D amplifier; Frequency response: 35-200 Hz
- Rockford Fosgate Punch P3D4-10 10 inch 1000 Watt Peak / 500 Watt RMS power Dual 4 Ohm Car Subwoofer with Anodized Aluminum Cone; 500 Watts RMS power handling; 1000 Watts Peak power; Frequency response: 28-250 Hz
Which rockford fosgate subwoofers didn’t make it on the list?
There are a few rockford fosgate subwoofers that didn’t make it on my list and here they are: Rockford Fosgate R2S 1X12 R2 Shallow Prime Single 12 Inch Subwoofer Enclosure; Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Prime 1-Channel Class D Amplifier and other rockford fosgate 12 inch dual voice coil 2 ohm p3 subwoofers. These subs missed the list because they had missing features like: anodized aluminum voice coil, dual voice coils, not sufficiently enough mounting depth, stitched tinsel leads, not enough peak power, awg nickel plated push terminals, not enough rms power, cast aluminum trim ring, minimizing weight and resonance, aluminum cones and dustcaps, mounting depth 6.66 inches, aluminum trim ring, anodized aluminum cones, cutout diameter 11.25 inches, voice coil formers, sealed or vented enclosures, diamond cut cast aluminum trim, polypropylene cone, stampcast basket with integrated spider venting, provide superior heat dissipation,
single screw sized holes, speakers conform to cea, reliability and performance, performing punch subwoofer delivering strpmg bass, high quality with a full year of money back guarantee.
Are P3 subwoofers the best from rockford fosgate?
Yes for te average people the rockford fosgate subwoofer from the P3 series is the best choice. Because it has a mounting depth 6.66 inches, the cutout diameter 11.25, 600 watts rms 1200 watts maximum power. Also they come with: anodized aluminum voice coil, single voice coils or double voice coils, stitched tinsel leads, high peak power, awg nickel plated push, sealed enclosure, alot of rms power, 2 ohm dvc, loaded enclosure, polypropylene cone. This is why the p3 subwoofers from rockford fosgate subwoofers are so good in the car audio world.
What’s so special about the best rockford fosgate subwoofers?
These rockford fosgate subwoofers have multiple voice coil, have a high peak ppower and high rms power as well. Tinsel leads, most of them come in 2 ohm dvc and 10 inch speakers are not uncommon either.
Where can I buy the best Rockford Fosgate subwoofer?
To buy the best Rockford Fosgate subwoofers I recommend Amazon, Ebay or Crutchfield.
Why is power handling important?
Power handling is important if you want to keep your subwoofer system performing at its best. RMS power rating provides a more accurate prediction of how a subwoofer will perform in a given situation. The important number you should look for is the Peak Power Handling and it tells you how much power can be delivered to the voice coil.
Which Rockford Fosgate performs well in sealed and vented enclosures?
The rockford fosgate P3D4 10 inch subwoofer performs well in both sealed and vented enclosures. The p3sd2 8 inch subwoofer also performs well in vented enclosures. Sealed enclosure is better for louder volumes, while vented enclosures are better for lower volume applications.
Which rockford fosgate subwoofer has the best mounting depth?
The rockford fosgate p3 series comes with the best mounting depth 6.66 inches.
What is the best Rockford Fosgate subwoofer?
The best Rockford Fosgate subwoofer is the Rockford Fosgate P300-12. This is the 12-inch version of Rockfords P3 line. This one in particular has seen massive popularity in Amazon. Its an Amazon Choice product, has thousands of positive reviews and it’s very hard to find anything negative about this subwoofer.
Are Rockford Fosgate subs good?
Yes, Rockford Fosgate subs are good. There are some definite advantages to Rockford Fosgate. First of all, they’re incredibly popular and easy to find in stores. They’re also very affordable for the quality that you get. Rockford Fosgate also makes some of the best subs that offer outstanding value. They just sound excellent, they’re very well made and will last for years.
Why is rockford fosgate so expensive?
There are a few reasons why Rockford Fosgate might be more expensive than other brands.They make high-quality products that perform well and are built to last. If you’re looking for a great subwoofer that will last for years, Rockford Fosgate is the perfect choice.
Is rockford fosgate the best?
There are a few reasons why Rockford Fosgate might be the best choice for you. They’re an incredibly popular brand that’s easy to find in stores, and their subs are very affordable for the quality that you get. Rockford Fosgate also makes some of the best subs that offer outstanding value.
Is rockford fosgate good?
Rockford Fosgate is one of the most popular brands when it comes to car audio. They offer a wide range of products at different price points, so there’s sure to be an option that fits your budget. One of the main reasons why Rockford Fosgate is so popular is because their subs and amplifiers are some of the best on the market. They deliver great sound quality, and they have a wide range of output options so you can find the perfect amp for your car.
Another reason why Rockford Fosgate is a good choice is that they offer a great warranty on their products. Experts say that you should look for a company that offers at least a 1-year warranty, and Rockford Fosgate offers a 2-year warranty on their amps. So if you’re looking for a good car audio option, Rockford Fosgate is definitely worth considering.
Last Updated on December 5, 2022 by Danny Reid