Best Pioneer Subwoofer with Pros, Cons & Recommendations
Welcome to the best Pioneer Subwoofer Awards
After spending the last 15 days installing and testing subs in different cars while dodging a hefty fine for disturbing the peace because I was “allegedly” playing them too loud, I’m ready to reveal which are the very best Pioneer subs on the market.
For the past 20 years, I’ve been doing audio upgrades on cars and trucks, let it be from 1964 or the current year, and I’ve seen them all. Let’s face it; the factory default is lifeless when it comes to music. This is why I’ve decided to create the Pioneer sub awards.
I’m ranking the best 6 Pioneer subs on the market based on bass quality, loudness, power and, of course, space requirements.
Finding the best Pioneer sub for your needs comes down to your music preference, the space available and budget. As soon as you know these, it will be easy to find the perfect fit. Frankly, if you pick any of these subs below, you will be in safe hands because you will pick a winner.
The winners are placed in two main categories there are normal subwoofers and enclosed ones. I’ve picked the most popular sizes in each category, starting with 8”, 10” and ending with the 12” subs.
Now let’s listen to some bass already!
In a Hurry? Here Are the Top 3 Pioneer Subwoofers
For music fans who love the great-sounding distortion-free music spiced with some hard-hitting bass.
For car owners who want and crave that strong bass without spending 2 months’ salary on it.
For drivers who want to spice up their daily commute and don’t have much space.
What Will I Learn?
- Best Pioneer Subwoofer with Pros, Cons & Recommendations
- In a Hurry? Here Are the Top 3 Pioneer Subwoofers
- #1 Pioneer TS-WX1210A 12″ – Best Pioneer Subwoofer Overall
- #2 Pair of Pioneer TS-A300D4 12” – Best 12-inch Pioneer Subwoofer
- #3 Pioneer TS-WX130DA 8” – Best 8 inch Enclosed Pioneer Sub
- #4 Pioneer 8” – Best 8 inch Enclosed Pioneer Sub
- #5 Pioneer TS-SWX2502 10” – Best 10 inch Enclosed Pioneer Sub
- #6 Pioneer TS-A2500LS4 – Best 10 inch Pioneer Subwoofer
- Best Pioneer Subwoofers Conclusions
- Pioneer Subwoofers Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- Is Pioneer a good subwoofer brand?
- What subwoofer has the best bass?
- Which amplifier is best for Pioneer subwoofer?
- What are the hardest hitting subs?
- What is the frequency response for these pioneer ts subs?
- Are shallow mount subs a good choice?
- What’s an active subwoofer with built in amplifier?
- What is the pioneer champion series?
- What kind of features should these best pioneer subs have for a great car audio experience?
- Should I go with a sealed or ported sub for powerful bass?
- Where can I buy the best Pioneer subwoofers?
- What is the best pioneer 12 inch subwoofer?
- What is the best pioneer 10 inch subwoofer?
- Are pioneer subs good?
- What is the most powerful pioneer subwoofer from this list?
- Which pioneer slim (compact) subwoofer do you recommend?
After testing all the Pioneer subwoofers, this is by far the best one to go with. Here’s why: first of all, it’s loud enough to disturb the neighbors, but it’s not loud enough to call the police on you. Well, I will beg to differ…
Maybe I have way too sensitive neighbors, or they are out to get me. After a bit of sweet-talking, the policeman was kind enough to let me off with a warning.
Now, if you’re missing the lows, this Pioneer sub will deliver them on a silver platter. The bass is clean and tight. The price is a steal, and you can’t go any lower than this and enjoy Pioneer quality.
Being a 12” subwoofer, you will feel the power. Now according to the manufacturer, it’s rated at 350 Watts RMS, and this is highly overrated; and I will give you the details in the drawbacks section.
Here are the reasons why it got my #1 spot:
- Unbeatable price: it’s an affordable way to sneak some bass into your car
- It spreads like wildfire: After I’ve done the install, my other neighbor popped over asking: can you do this to my car as well?
- Hard-hitting bass: you’re getting a rich sound quality, and it’s built to last with the strong grill protection
- It’s not a space hog: it’s a 12-inch subwoofer, and you will still be able to use your trunk
Also, there are a few drawbacks to this subwoofer. Let me share with you my findings:
Forget about competitions, and if you’re a basshead, you should take a pass on this one. Don’t get me wrong, it delivers more than enough bass, and it can’t be a professional at this unbelievable price
It’s rated at 350 watts RMS, and if you peek under the hood, the real number is just 120 watts RMS. It’s a bit of a naughty trick if you ask me
It would’ve been nice if they would’ve included all the things you need to install it because it would have saved me a lot of time by not going to the hardware store
I’ve tested this Pioneer sub with these vehicles: Honda Civic, Mazda 3, Ford f! 50 and a 1988 Lincoln town car, and it was beautiful.
Now, if you want a subwoofer that’s without the enclosure, then check out #2 on my list below.
Being so popular, no wonder that it’s frequently out of stock. If I were you, I would jump on it if it’s available.
For the price, you’re getting a pair of subs. As they say, a pair means twice the fun. If you love hard-hitting bass without distortions, here’s the perfect choice for you. Pioneer might’ve messed up the pricing because it’s a steal. Make sure you buy it now before they change their minds.
These two 12” subwoofers are rated at 500 Watts RMS. This means that you will turn any good song into a great one, and if you happen to have a crappy one, then it will be turned into a good one.
Warning! This has happened to me quite a lot that the sound is so good that I tend to stay in my car even after reaching my destination. I hope my wife won’t suspect anything.
Here’s why it’s a must buy in my book:
- Hits to the heart: the best way to say this is that these babies slam; I couldn’t go above halfway because they were way too strong.
- Hair trick! Yes, with these two babies, you can do a hair trick with the right music (btw don’t attempt it after your honey is freshly out from the hairdresser learned this the hard way)
- All types of music: these subwoofers are loud and give all types of music without any distortions
- High quality at an obscene price: these subs are well built, and at this price, they are a steal
Of course, there are some drawbacks with this sub. Let’s see if they are a deal-breaker:
I’ve got some feedback that for a few people, the sub only lasted for two weeks. Maybe something went wrong with the wiring, or the amp wasn’t configured properly.
The second thing is that there’s a bit of smell during the break-in period. Once that’s achieved, the smell will be gone.
For this Pioneer subs, I’ve used BMW X3, Kia Cerato, Nissan Maxima and a Crystler 300 as test cars and this sub-over-delivered.
The last time I’ve checked, the stocks were running low, so make sure you get them instantly, or you risk waiting for a long time until they get replenished.
It will surprise you. Being an 8” sub, most people don’t expect much, and yet in a car, it will do wonders for you. Here’s my pro-tip on getting the best sound experience possible. Don’t put it in the trunk because you won’t feel the thump thump.
Also, it’s a good idea to center it in the car to get an excellent sound. Being a hideaway unit, it will keep the factory look. Best of all, this tiny sub is powered with 50 watts RMS amp, so you don’t have to fiddle around trying to find the best fit.
Related: Take a look at the best powered car subwoofers.
If you’re looking for adding bass to your ride without disturbing the neighbours or alert the cops from 3 blocks, then this Pioneer sub will be a great fit.
Here’s why it’s a must-buy in my book:
- Easy to Install: it gets as close to plug and play as it can. Best of all, you don’t have to run a wire from the battery
- Compact: Even though this sub is small, it packs a punch. Being a hideaway design will allow you to keep the factory look
- Hard and Deep bass: Thanks to the remote, you can easily adjust the gain and frequency to enjoy your music to perfection
Also, make sure you’re OK with the drawbacks:
This sub is not meant for bassheads. It’s typical, and this Pioneer has the same flaws like other 8” subs the lows are missing. You won’t be able to tap into those.
It’s a good idea that they included a remote, but it’s a bit clunky. Having a Bluetooth App for it would be the best thing
All in all, it’s a great small sub, and it gave an excellent boost to these cars that I’ve installed it: Dodge Ram, Toyota Fortuner, Jeep Wrangler, Toyota Tav4 XLE and Silverado.
The stocks are limited, so get them while they are in, or you have to wait a week or more.
This 8” sub will be the perfect fit if you have minimal space and you still want to enjoy the lows from Rap, R&B and rock. This subwoofer is rated at 250 watts RMS.
Guess what? This baby has dual voice coils, so you will know that it will pack a punch.
Here are the reasons why it’s worth a shot:
- Amazing lows: most 8” subs struggle with the lows and not this Pioneer. It will hit the lows perfectly down to 20hz, so rap, r&b, and rock will be smooth
- Clear and punchy: thanks to the low power requirements, it’s easy to install, and it delivers more than expected
- Well-built and great sound quality: since it hits the lows perfectly, you will feel a rich tone and nice fullness
There are a few things wrong with it. Let’s see what they are:
Some people complained that it doesn’t have that much of a kick. Well, there are two things working against it first, it’s just an 8”, and secondly, it’s a shallow mount, so that’s the price you have to pay.
This shallow mount sub is actually one of the best 8 inch shallow mount subwoofer.
Since I’ve tested it in so many cars, I can safely say that you will need a drill because the holes are not aligned properly.
I’ve tested this sub in so many vehicles that I’ve lost count. Here’s the shortlist: Jeep Wrangler, Trailhawk, 4Runner, Mercury Mariner, Mustang, Challenger, F150 and Mazda Ridgeline, and it delivered.
It’s a popular subwoofer, so be prepared that it might be out of stock. Make sure you come back later if they are none left. If there are, then jump on it immediately.
In my experience, this is a deceptively loud sub. You would expect to bit more low-key. No wonder my friendly neighbor asked if I have a 12” in the back while I was testing it out. Then he immediately asked if there are two 10” installed.
He couldn’t resist and jumped in next to me and enjoyed so great bass. The best way to describe this subwoofer is by saying that the bass will make you smile.
It’s not just powerful with its 300 Watts RMS, but it doesn’t require a lot of space either. I had the opportunity to install it in a Smart ForTwo Electric car. I’ve installed it, so there’s still space in the trunk if you can call it that. What I’ve noticed with this Pioneer subwoofer is that it’s super friendly on the battery.
Check out the top reasons why this is a winner:
- Hard-hitting thump thump: there’s no better way to describe this sub than the bass will make you smile
- Perfect for upper and mid-bass: you will be able to listen to old jams in a brand new system with a deep base
- Small size: even though this sub is heavy, it takes up only a small space, so it’s ideal for any car with size limitations
You might also be interested in: Best subwoofers for bass (with Buying Guide)
I’ve found a few things on the missing side:
This baby is heavy, weighing in at 42 pounds, so this means you will pay a lot for shipping.
The second thing is that this sub is not doing such a good job with the lows. If you prefer them, then you will need a different sub.
Let it be a car, truck or a tiny electric car. This sub works great in all of them; I’ve installed it in these: Tacoma, GMC Sierra, Mini Clubman, Honda Pilot, F150, Smart ForTwo.
People are going crazy for this unit. Grab it while you can, or you will miss out on some great bass.
This baby will deliver an amazing sound, and you can expect a deep bass. Best of all, it’s on your budget’s size. There are far more expensive brands out there, and they aren’t much better than this Pioneer subwoofer.
So far, I’ve only installed this sub in a 2500 Ram, delivering a pristine sound quality. Overall it has a great bump to it. I’ve managed to install this subwoofer under the driver seat, and it was a shaking experience.
The only issue I’ve found with this sub was that it’s not too easy to install. You will have your work cut out.
It’s a well-loved sub, so you shouldn’t be surprised that it runs out of stock. Make sure you buy it if it’s available or you risk waiting for a long time.
You might also be interested in: The best 12-inch competition subwoofers (with buying guides)
Best Pioneer Subwoofers Conclusions
We have reached the end of this article. By now, you should know exactly which the best Pioneer subwoofer is for your needs. I’ve made two main categories in the post above.
Some people like the easiness of plug and play devices, and most people don’t want to mess around with building boxes and tinkering with different wires. The enclosed subwoofers are for them.
Now, on the other hand, if you don’t mind getting your hands dirty, there is a list of subwoofers that’s for mavericks. I like to consider myself in this latter category because I love having components and putting things together. Stock will get you just that much thump thump.
Anyways it was a great pleasure playing and tweaking these subs and making the best list. Also, keep in mind that most of these subs are bestsellers, and they are flying off the shelves. This means that there’s always some sort of shortage going on, so if you happen to get the out of stock sign, make sure you come back.
If they are in stock, then jump on them instantly.
Of course, if you have questions or tips, let me know. I’m here for you.
Roger and Out.
Pioneer Subwoofers Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Is Pioneer a good subwoofer brand?
Pioneer is one of the best brands out there in the car audio world. They not only make excellent subwoofers but they make some amazing head units as well. They have been in business almost a 100 years, since they were founded in 1938.
What subwoofer has the best bass?
The Rockford Fosgate P300-12 Punch 300 Watt Powered Loaded 12-Inch Subwoofer Enclosure has the best bass.
Which amplifier is best for Pioneer subwoofer?
The best amplifier for a pioneer subwoofer would be Pioneer GM-A3702 2-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier.
What are the hardest hitting subs?
The hardest hitting sub is the Rockford Fosgate P300-10 Punch Single 10″ 300 Watt Amplified Subwoofer or you can check out my full list of deep bass subs on this post.
What is the frequency response for these pioneer ts subs?
The frequency response for the pioneer ts subs above is as follows:
- Pioneer TS-WX1210A 12″ Sealed enclosure active subwoofer with built-in amplifier; frequency response: 20 – 125 Hz,
- Pair of Pioneer TS-A300D4 12” Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coils Subwoofer (4 ohms) – 1500 Watts; frequency response: 20 Hz to 2.3 kHz; maximum power handling 1500 watts;
- Pioneer TS-WX130DA Compact Active subwoofer; frequency response: 20Hz-200Hz; max power handling 700 watts
- PIONEER 8″ Slim Shallow Mount 700W 2 OHM SUBWOOFER; frequency response: 20 Hz to 1.4 kHz; compact design; 250 watts RMS
- Pioneer TS-SWX2502 10 inch Shallow Mount Pre-Loaded Enclosure; frequency response: 20 Hz to 125 Hz; compact design
- PIONEER TS-A2500LS4 1200 Watt 10″ Shallow Mount 4 Ohm SVC Subwoofer; frequency response: 20 Hz to 900 Hz; 1200 watts peak power handling; 300 watts RMS power handling
Are shallow mount subs a good choice?
Shallow mount subs are perfect for those who don’t have the necessary space. By going with shallow mount subs you get a decent bass response (bass performance) while not taking up too much space. Typically these subs don’t have such a powerful bass still it’s better than nothing.
What’s an active subwoofer with built in amplifier?
The active subwoofer with built in amplifier is a plug and play sub. It has everything you need like box and amp so you don’t have to do anything just plug it in.
What is the pioneer champion series?
The pioneer champion series is the latest generation subs from the company. The champion series only has 10 inch and 12 inch options and they produce chest pounding bass performance (bass response). Yes the champion series from pioneer have a powerful bass.
What kind of features should these best pioneer subs have for a great car audio experience?
These features are absolutely essential for the car’s audio bass performance: wide range of frequency response sealed or ported design, mica injection molded polypropylene cone, powerful bass, single 4 ohm voice coils, dual 4 ohm voice coils (4 ohms), MICA-injection molded resin construction (mica interlaced injection molded).
Should I go with a sealed or ported sub for powerful bass?
Both sealed or ported design is good depends on your car and your needs. It’s far more important to have a better frequency response and a single 4 ohm or dual 4 ohm voice coil.
Where can I buy the best Pioneer subwoofers?
You can buy the best Pioneer subwoofers on Amazon.
What is the best pioneer 12 inch subwoofer?
The best pioneer 12 inch subwoofer is the Pioneer TS-WX1210A 12.
What is the best pioneer 10 inch subwoofer?
The best pioneer 10 inch subwoofer is the Pioneer TS-A2500LS4.
Are pioneer subs good?
Yes, Pioneer is a great manufacturer of subwoofers and speaker systems. They have been in the car audio industry for a long time and offer high quality products at a reasonable price.
What is the most powerful pioneer subwoofer from this list?
The most powerful Pioneer subwoofer from this list is the Pioneer TS-WX1210A. This subwoofer is a strong contender with its maximum output.
Which pioneer slim (compact) subwoofer do you recommend?
The PIONEER 8″ Slim Shallow Mount 700W 2 OHM SUBWOOFER is a great choice.
Last Updated on April 20, 2022