Best Kicker Subwoofer – Pros, Cons & Recommendations
Welcome to the best Kicker Subwoofer Awards!
After having spent the last 15 days installing and testing Kicker subs and sacrificing my favorite TV show, which was ruthlessly spoiled by my wife (I will get even, don’t you worry about that!), I’m ready to reveal which are the very best kicker subs on the market.
For the past 20 years, I’ve been upgrading and installing all types of audio equipment, and I love when a client drives away smiling with their new sounding ride. So, I dug into my expertise and made this article for you.
You see finding the perfect kicker sub for your car or truck comes down to your available space and budget. Once that’s clear, everything becomes easy.
I’ve organized these subs into two main categories: enclosed subs and standard subs. The three most popular sized subwoofers are 8”, 10”, and 12” ones.
No matter what kind of bass you’re looking for, you will find it here. Frankly, pick any of these, and you will have a winner in your hands. Maybe you’re looking for showing off at the red light or just to enjoy some emotional connection to your music; either way, I have something for you. All you have to do is pick the right size.
Let’s enjoy some Kicker bass, shall we?
In a Hurry? Here Are the Top 3 Kicker Subwoofers
For music fans who enjoy the bass shaking their hearts while avoiding breaking the bank.
This subwoofer is not for the shy people who won’t look sideways at the stoplight because everybody is feeling that powerful bass.
It’s the perfect subwoofer for those who want something small with a punch and want to enjoy clean lows.
What Will I Learn?
- Best Kicker Subwoofer – Pros, Cons & Recommendations
- In a Hurry? Here Are the Top 3 Kicker Subwoofers
- #1 Kicker Dual 43DCWR122 12” – Best Kicker Subwoofer for Bass
- #2 Kicker 44CWCS124 CompC series Car Subwoofer 12” – Best Kicker 12 Inch Subwoofer
- #3 Kicker 11HS8 8”- Best Kicker Subwoofer and Amp 8 Inch
- #4 Kicker 43CWR84 CompR 8” – Best Kicker 8 Inch Subwoofer
- #5 Kicker 44DCWC102 CompC Dual 10” – Best Kicker 10 Inch Enclosed Sub
- #6 Kicker 43CVR102 CompVR 10” – Best Kicker 10 Inch Subwoofer
- Conclusions for the best Kicker subwoofers
- What is the best 12 inch kicker subwoofer?
- What is the best kicker subwoofer for bass?
- Are Kicker subwoofers good?
- Kicker Subwoofer Reviews Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- What is the best Kicker subwoofer?
- What is the hardest hitting Kicker sub?
- What is the best subwoofer for deep bass?
- Is Kicker a good subwoofer brand?
- What is the frequency response for these best kicker subwoofers?
- Which subs didn’t make the best kicker subs list?
- What kind of features should these kicker subwoofers have?
- What is the purpose of a car audio system?
- Do Kicker subwoofers produce good sound quality?
- Do Kicker subwoofers have good bass?
- What does the power handling capability mean?
- How is Kickers quality construction and design?
- Why is a quality car stereo system important for the best sound and bass?
- Is a new audio system really a better choice than your existing car audio system?
- How are component speakers made?
- What do I need to get more power from my car audio system?
- Is a steel basket subwoofer better than a plastic basket subwoofer?
- What are the benefits of a high temp voice coil?
- What is the best kicker comp 12 subwoofer?
- Are Kicker subs good?
- Which kicker subs are the best?
- Which Kicker subwoofer is the best?
- What is the best kicker 12 inch sub?
- Which is the loudest kicker subwoofer?
- Are there good kicker 15 inch subwoofer options?
- Are kicker subs any good?
- What are the most common questions about kickers subs:
This Kicker sub is the real deal. It’s scary how powerful this beast is. Get ready to flex your windows and roof when this sub goes off!
If you want a loud and powerful bass, look no further. As a veteran in the audio world, even I was shocked when I felt the bass in my chest. I had to check if all my organs were in the right place after the first session.
Best of all, this Kicker subwoofer works flawlessly with any music. No matter what type is your favorite, this baby will deliver.
The first time I powered up this sub, it was like two silverback gorillas going at each other in the back. This is not a joke. It’s this powerful. The beast, as I like to call it, has a 1,000-watt RMS rating, which means each of these 12-inch subs is rated at 500 watts RMS.
Now, besides delivering perfect music quality without any distortions, it is also easy to install. There’s no guesswork involved since everything is plug-and-play. The box is done for you, and it’s easy to configure.
Here are the reasons why this Kicker sub got the top spot:
- Hard Hitting: This Kicker sub will give you a bass experience that you will never forget. You will feel it in your chest
- Perfect for any music: I’ve gone through my list of songs, and this sub performed heavenly, so you will enjoy it as well
- True Bass: It felt like the bass drum was in the back when I let it loose
- Easy to install: Even though this sub is big and heavy, it’s easy to get it going and to configure. Anybody can do it if they can plug in a few cables
This wouldn’t be a real review if I didn’t mention a few of the drawbacks that I’ve found:
My biggest surprise with this sub was that it’s not refundable, even if I’m a prime member. Maybe this will change in the future.
It’s a monster of a sub, so you will need plenty of space, and it’s a heavy beast clocking in at 80 pounds.
Get ready to fix the box with extra screws as it will be pushed apart — it’s that powerful.
So far, I’ve tested this sub with the following vehicles: a Jeep Patriot, Jeep JKU, Infinity i35, Mustang, and Toyota Corolla.
Maybe enclosed subs are not you’re thing? That’s perfectly fine, then check out #2 on the list.
By getting this Kicker sub, it will be Game Over.
You will experience solid deep bass wherever you’re driving. Even though it’s a 12-inch subwoofer, it’s compact, so it will fit in smaller cars.
The sound is top-notch; forget about being quiet as a mouse. You can easily pull up at a red light and let the random person next to you know what kind of sound system you have. It’s childish, but not for me.
The sound is top-notch after the 4-5 hour break-in period. These subs are rated at 300 watts RMS each, so you can enjoy every subsonic sound.
I don’t know what Kicker did with these subs because Boss has lost a lot of ground compared to them.
Here’s why I have fallen in love with this subwoofer:
- Any music goes: This is the perfect sub to play all sorts of music, and it hits the lows perfectly
- It shakes the entire car: Get ready for some punchy bass that shakes the mirrors, trunk, and even your heart
- It won’t break your budget: Since you’re getting two of these, it’s a real steal
Here are the drawbacks you must know about before buying it:
One of my biggest issues with this subwoofer is that there’s no grill to protect it. It has happened to a friend of mine who has carelessly tossed a bag on top of this sub, and it was totaled.
Kicker delivers a nice sticker to put on your windows now; do this at your own risk as you will be advertising your system to a potential thief.
I’ve tested this sub in a PT Cruiser, Mustang, Cadillac DTS, 4Runner, and Silverado, and got excellent results out of it.
This subwoofer is one of the loudest 12 inch subwoofer.
The last time I checked, the stocks were low, so buy it instantly or you will have to wait weeks for the resupply.
If you don’t have any space to spare and still want to enjoy a rich audio experience, this sub is the perfect fit for your vehicle.
It’s an 8” subwoofer that delivers more than enough bass for your needs. Why I love this sub is quite simple: it has a decent punch without making your ears bleed. Best of all, you won’t be the sophisticated audiophile (aka dick) at the stoplight rattling other cars. It’s one of the best choices if you want a Kicker Subwoofer and amp combined in one package.
The lows are perfect, so if you’re into rock and hip hop, look no further. You have found the perfect match. Also, if you want to keep the factory look, this sub is the perfect under-seat boom box.
This 8-inch Kicker sub is not a power hungry one because it runs on 150 watts RMS.
These are the reasons why it’s one of my favorites:
- Serious noise without getting fined: This little thing delivers more than enough bass, and when the windows are pulled up, people can’t hear anything
- Rich audio experience and no space requirements: If you have a small car or no space in your truck, this compact sub is for you. You will get a decent punch while keeping the stock look
- Crisp and Clean: There are no distortions with this Kicker subwoofer. Plus, it delivers the perfect lows for rock and hip hop
Of course, there are a few drawbacks, just like with any other subwoofer:
There’s no sugar coating it the dialing takes the majority of your time, so it’s a good idea to turn to a professional for this
Why on Earth did they make such a short remote wire? I had to tinker with it for better access.
I’ve tested this sub in the most vehicles by far. The list is long and includes a Jeep Wrangler, Hyundai Tucson, Ford f150, Tacoma, Honda Accord, Dodge Falcon (yes, this was made in 1964!), Lexus, Toyota Hilux, and Suzuki X90. This Kicker sub did a great job even in some old cars without any distortions.
This subwoofer was rated as one of the best under seat subwoofer.
You need to hurry if you’re in the market for this sub as only a few are left in stock. It’s flying off the shelves, and you don’t want to wait weeks until they get it in stock again.
This small 8” Kicker sub will fool even the most enthusiastic car fans. They will think that you’re packing a 10 inch or 12 inches in the back. Don’t let the trick you passing it over because this sub has some serious power requirements. It’s rated at 300 Watts RMS, so you will need a decent amp to get the most out of it.
Who’s this sub not for? It’s for anybody who’s mature and above 30 years. This 8 inch Kicker is the perfect budget sub while being a high output sub.
With this Kicker subwoofer, you will hit all the lows perfectly. I had no issues what so ever and best of all, you’re getting the Kicker reliability.
Here’s why it’s a must buy in my book:
- Amaze friends and family: this sub is a trickster because it will fool anybody by sounding like a 10” or 12” without you needing extra space or spending a ton of money
- Tight Bass with Control: the 300 watts RMS delivers a perfect sound, and you will be able to feel the deepness of this subwoofer
- Perfect lows: if you prefer music with a lot of lows, then this Kicker sub will over-deliver.
Here are the main drawbacks for this sub:
This is not Kickers fault; people don’t usually buy 8” subs because it bruises their ego that they got such a small thing. You will be very happy with this and the 10” or 12” is overkill
This was the first Kicker that smelled when I did a fresh install. After a few hours, the smell went away probably happens in the breaking in period
I’ve tested this sub with these cars and trucks: Lexus, Subaru Forester, Jeep, Crown Victoria, Tundra and F150, and it delivered in all of them
If you have hang-ups about just being an 8”, remember that most people will think it’s a 10” or bigger. Also, make sure you get it as soon as possible because they are almost sold out, and the next shipment is a few weeks from now.
The bass is amazing, and it hits hard just as l like it if you want to enjoy the perfect sound at a reasonable price you have found your winner.
With this enclosed system, you’re getting two subs which are rated at 600 watts RMS. This means each of these woofers works at 300 watts RMS the best.
Here’s why it’s a best seller in my book:
- Clean and loud: the bass is great, everything that you will ever need from a good sub, you will wake the neighbours with this thing.
- Easy to install: there’s no guesswork and trying to figure out which wire goes where
- Mids and lows are your things? You have found your perfect sub you will be able to enjoy perfect sound while getting a bang for your buck
Here are the drawbacks of having this sub:
Let’s face it with great sound comes great space requirement, and the box is on the very heavy side. It’s all good because you know that you’re getting quality.
My biggest gripe with this sub was that there are only a handful of grill options. I learned it the hard way that protecting the subs with a grill is an absolute must
I’ve tested this sub with the following vehicles: Jeep Liberty, Honda Civic and Cadillac and clients, were all too happy with their newfound bass.
I don’t know what’s going on with the Kicker brand than others because they are almost always sold out. If you find it in stock, jump on them instantly or risk waiting for a long time.
There are only a few ways I can describe this Kicker sub. Besides being a 10 inch one, this baby looks aggressive and delivers an intoxicating sound. It’s actually one of top rated 10 inch subwoofer.
If you enjoy music that is mostly on the mid and low end, then this sub will deliver for you. It can easily handle the 20-30hz range, and it really shines above 30hz.
To run this bad boy, you will need 350 Watts RMS. This Kicker sub delivers unmatched range, so any music will sound amazing. You won’t have to worry about performance. It’s solid, and there’s enough boom to enjoy.
- These are the reason why I would go with this sub:
- Killer look: now this sub looks like means as hell, and it still delivers great bass
- Budget-friendly: without any compromise, you will get plenty of booms and clean bass
- Best range ever: no matter what music you’re listening too it will handle it, and you will have an intoxicating experience
Here are the drawbacks for this Kicker Subwoofer:
This is not a drill; this Kicker woofer is flying off the shelves. I hope you get lucky and get it before they run out.
It’s not the lightest sub to work with, and when you consider getting two of them…
I’ve tested this sub with these vehicles 2015 Crystler, Silverado, GMC Sierra, ’65 GTO and Tahoe. All the clients were happy campers after the install.
I wasn’t kidding when I mentioned that they are frequently out of stock. People go crazy for this subwoofer, so get it instantly if you see them in stock.
Conclusions for the best Kicker subwoofers
We have reached the end of our journey. This is the end of my best kicker subwoofers article. On the other hand, your journey is just about to start.
By now, you should know exactly which subwoofer is the right fit for your needs and if it fits in your car or truck. I’ve selected the very best that Kicker has to offer. Since everybody is different, I’ve made two categories there’s one for simple subs and one for enclosed ones.
They both have some positives and drawbacks. Besides this main category, the subs are categorized by size. I’ve picked the most popular ones like 8”, 10” and 12” ones.
Kicker makes some of the best subs out there, and these babies are reliable. So go ahead and buy the one that fits your needs best. Also, make sure that you buy them instantly because there are known stock issues, and you might have to wait a few weeks until they resupply.
If you have any question or tips, get in touch.
Roger and out.
What is the best 12 inch kicker subwoofer?
The best 12 inch kicker subwoofer is the Kicker 44CWCS124 CompC series Car Subwoofer 12”. It provides high quality sound with strong bass that is hard to beat.
What is the best kicker subwoofer for bass?
The best kicker subwoofer for bass is the Kicker Dual 43DCWR122 12”. It’s the best balance between booming bass, window rattling bass and price range.
Are Kicker subwoofers good?
Yes, Kicker subwoofers are some of the best car subwoofers that you can purchase. They provide a high quality sound with bass that is hard to beat. Kicker subwoofers are also priced at an affordable price which makes owning them all the more exciting.
Kicker Subwoofer Reviews Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
What is the best Kicker subwoofer?
The best kicker subwoofer is the Kicker Dual 43DCWR122 12-Inch 2000W Loaded Subwoofer. It’s the best balance between booming bass, window rattling bass and price range.
What is the hardest hitting Kicker sub?
The hardest hitting Kicker sub is the: Kicker Dual 43DCWR122 12-Inch 2000W Loaded Subwoofer. It’s a 2000 watt peak power and 1000 watt rms rating which means 500 watt rms rating per subwoofer.
You might also like: What is the hardest hitting 15-inch subwoofer?
What is the best subwoofer for deep bass?
The best subwoofer for deep bass would be: Rockford Fosgate P300-12 Punch 300 Watt Powered Loaded 12-Inch Subwoofer Enclosure punch series sub. If you want to see more check it out here.
Is Kicker a good subwoofer brand?
Kicker is known for two things: affordable price range and hard hitting bass. Another bonus if you choose the Kicker brand is that their subs don’t run hot. All in all Kicker is a good subwoofer brand.
What is the frequency response for these best kicker subwoofers?
The frequency rate for these kicker subwoofers would be:
- Kicker Dual 43DCWR122 12-Inch 2000W Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure; frequency response: 25 – 500 Hz; 1000 watt rms/ for each would be 500 watt rms and peak power handling 2000 watt (power rating)
- KICKER 44CWCS124 12 Inch CompC 600 Watt 4 Ohm Single Voice Coil Car Audio Subwoofers with Polypropylene Cone and Polyurethane Surround; frequency response: 27 to 500 Hz; 300 watt rms and peak power handling 600 watt each (power rating); Mounting depth: 5.38 inches
- KICKER 11HS8 8 inch 150W Hideaway Car Audio Powered Subwoofer Sub Enclosure HS8; frequency response: 25 – 120 Hz; 150 watt RMS rating (power rating)
- Kicker 43CWR84 CompR 8 Inch 4 Ohm 300 Watt RMS Power and 600 Watts Peak Power Dual 4 ohm Voice Coil (voice coils) Car Audio Sub Subwoofer; frequency response: 30-500 Hz (frequency range); 300 watt rms and peak power handling 600 watt; 4.13-inch mounting depth
- Kicker 44DCWC102 10 Inch CompC Dual 1200 Watt Single 2 Ohm Terminal Compact Vented Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure; frequency rate: 30-500 Hz (frequency range); 600 watt rms and peak power handling 1200 watt (power rating)
- Kicker 43CVR102 CompVR 10 Inch 1400 Watts 2 Ohm Dual Voice Coil (voice coils) Car Audio Subwoofer with Polypropylene Cone and 360 Degree Back Bracing; frequency rate: 30 – 500 Hz (frequency range); 350 watt rms and peak power handling 700 watt (power rating); Mounting Depth: 5.5″.
Which subs didn’t make the best kicker subs list?
These kicker subwoofers (car audio subwoofer) didn’t make my list: Kicker 10C124 Comp 12-Inch Subwoofer 4 SVC; kicker 12 inch car subwoofers; 4 ohm single voice coil (4 ohm impedance), rms power handling 150 watts, peak power 500 watts; Kicker 10 Inch CompC Single 500 Watt Max power handling Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil Car Subwoofer, mounting depth of 4.81 inches, 250 watts rms power handling, peak power 300 watts. These car subwoofers (car subwoofer) didn’t make it on the list because they had missing indigence such as: rigid injection molded cone, steel basket, perimeter venting, injection molded polypropylene cone, single voice coil subwoofer, not large enough surface area, 2 ohm voice coils, 4 ohm voice coils
What kind of features should these kicker subwoofers have?
If you want a great audio system with decent sound quality then the kicker subwoofers should have these features: for a car subwoofer (car subwoofers) audio system you will need heat dissipation, high temperature voice coil, this can be a single voice coil subwoofer, dual voice coil (voice coils), injection molded polypropylene cone (rigid injection molded cone), steel basket, 360 degree back bracing perimeter venting, high tempera, ture voice coil, double stitching for security and ribbed foam (ribbed surround), 4 ohm impedance, big enough surface area for booming bass, high build quality audio system, large surface area, ribbed surround double stitching, heat dissipation, superior build quality, 2 ohm voice coils, 4 ohm voice coils.
What is the purpose of a car audio system?
The purpose of a car audio system is to produce high quality sound by using an amplifier, an equalizer, and speakers. They use power from the battery of your vehicle to make music or other types of noise that can be enjoyed by the passengers.
Do Kicker subwoofers produce good sound quality?
Kicker subwoofers produce sound with the highest quality and clarity for a reasonable price. If you want to get top notch quality of sound, we recommend Kicker. They have been in business since 1973 and their products are very reliable. Kicker subwoofers deliver the best of both worlds, high quality and reasonable price. High quality bass in combination with high quality music will result in a perfect experience.
Do Kicker subwoofers have good bass?
Yes, they have very good bass. This is one of the most important qualities that you look for in car audio system. They provide a lot of power which results in high quality sound and bass.
What does the power handling capability mean?
The power handling capability is how many watts an individual speaker can handle before it will be broken. This means that if you want to get 1000 watts, it means that the total combined amount of watts from all the speakers in the system cannot be more than 1000. This is important to keep in mind when deciding on a car audio system. The peak power output is the maximum amount of power that it can handle at any given moment. If you choose speakers with a higher peak than what your car stereo is rated for, you will burn out your stereo and cause damage to your speakers.
How is Kickers quality construction and design?
Kicker unicorns and woofers are all designed to provide that excellent sound quality for a reasonable price. They use high end materials and high tech manufacturing processes. All of the parts in the speaker were created by engineers and tested several times before they went out to market.
Why is a quality car stereo system important for the best sound and bass?
Your car stereo system should be able to produce high quality sound so that the passengers can enjoy the music being played. A good looking car audio system is also important because people are more likely to purchase it for their vehicle.
Kickers products produces great sound and they have a wide variety of speakers, amplifiers, and subwoofers to choose from.
Is a new audio system really a better choice than your existing car audio system?
The existing car audio system of your car is usually outdated and also not producing high quality sound. A new car audio system in your vehicle will also add value when you go to sell it. The audio quality of your vehicle will also be increased which is important if sound is the only thing you are looking for. A loaded car audio subwoofer system will give you the best sound which is definitely worth the investment.
How are component speakers made?
Component speakers are usually composed of separate woofers and tweeters. They usually provide the best sound quality because each speaker is designed to work together as one system instead of requiring a complete package.
What do I need to get more power from my car audio system?
To get more power from your car audio system, an amplifier is required. Amplifiers increase the power of electrical signals in order to make them bigger and stronger. This process is called amplification and makes the sound that comes out of speakers loud and clear.
Is a steel basket subwoofer better than a plastic basket subwoofer?
A steel basket subwoofer is more durable than a plastic basket subwoofer.
What are the benefits of a high temp voice coil?
A high temp voice coil has numerous benefits including more durability and slightly better power handling capability.
What is the best kicker comp 12 subwoofer?
The best Kicker comp 12 subwoofer is the Kicker 44CWCS124. This 12 inch subwoofer is able to provide great bass and is very reliable. It also has many features that you would expect in a high quality subwoofer.
Are Kicker subs good?
Yes, Kicker subs are some of the best car subwoofers that you can purchase. They provide a high quality sound with bass that is hard to beat. Kicker subwoofers are also priced at an affordable price which makes owning them all the more exciting.
Which kicker subs are the best?
The best kicker subs are:
- Kicker Dual 43DCWR122 12-Inch 2000W Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure – Best kicker subwoofer 12 inch
- KICKER 44CWCS124 12 Inch CompC 600 Watt 4 Ohm Single Voice Coil Car Audio Subwoofers with Polypropylene Cone and Polyurethane Surround – Best 12 inch kicker comp
- KICKER 11HS8 8 inch 150W Hideaway Car Audio Powered Subwoofer Sub Enclosure HS8
- Kicker 43CWR84 CompR 8 Inch 4 Ohm 300 Watt RMS Power and 600 Watts Peak Power Dual 4 ohm Voice Coil (voice coils) Car Audio Sub Subwoofer
- Kicker 44DCWC102 10 Inch CompC Dual 1200 Watt Single 2 Ohm Terminal Compact Vented Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure – Best kicker 10 sub
- Kicker 43CVR102 CompVR 10 Inch 1400 Watts 2 Ohm Dual Voice Coil (voice coils) Car Audio Subwoofer with Polypropylene Cone and 360 Degree Back Bracing – best 10 inch kicker subwoofer
Which Kicker subwoofer is the best?
The Kicker Dual 43DCWR122 is the best Kicker subwoofer.
What is the best kicker 12 inch sub?
The best Kicker 12 inch sub is the Kicker 44CWCS124. With a strong durable design, this sub has a lot of power and quality sound.
Which is the loudest kicker subwoofer?
The loudest kicker subwoofer is the Kicker Dual 43DCWR122. The Kicker Dual 43DCWR122 is one of the best Kicker subwoofers that you can buy. It is also able to provide high quality bass which will be enjoyed by many people.
Are there good kicker 15 inch subwoofer options?
Yes as a matter of fact there are plenty of kicker 15 inch subwoofer options to choose from:
- Kicker CompVR CVR152
- Kicker L715 Q-Class 15-Inch Subwoofer
- KICKER Comp 15″ 500W Car Subwoofer 43C154
And yes you can find the kicker subs review above.
Are kicker subs any good?
Kicker subs are definitely good and have been known for producing high quality car audio systems. The kicker subs also come at a reasonable price which makes them affordable to many people.
What are the most common questions about kickers subs:
are kicker speakers good?
are kickers good subs
is kicker a good speaker brand
Last Updated on September 22, 2022 by Danny Reid