Best Competition Subwoofer with Pros, Cons & Recommendations
Welcome to the best competition subwoofer awards!
After having spent the last 14 days chasing deliveries, unboxing, mounting, running wires, soldering, and sweet-talking myself out of a fine for disturbing the peace because of a nosy neighbor, I’m ready to reveal the very best competition subs on the market today.
Finding the perfect competition woofer comes down to two things: the space available and your budget. As soon as you have determined these, it will be easy to find the right fit. Since you’re looking for competition-grade subs, you know they will not be cheap. On the list below, you will find the top 4 subs that will help you win most competitions.
I’m ranking these subs based on power, bass strength, ease of installation, looks, and price. You see, I’ve been installing stereos and car audio for more than 20 years, and I’ve seen it all. As I know that time is precious, I decided to do the heavy lifting and eliminate wannabees, not-good-enough subs, and those that require you to donate a kidney to buy them.
I was left with four true champions. If you pick any of these, you are guaranteed to end up with a winner.
Now, let’s feel some thump, thump already!
In a Hurry? Here Are the Top 3 Competition Subwoofers
For bass fans who want a diamond in the rough. It delivers amazing bass for budget-minded people.
This sub is made for winners who want to dominate competitions and don’t mind those perfect insane lows.
For music fans who want to have every competition in the bag, I’m not joking; this sub is a real killer.
What Will I Learn?
- Best Competition Subwoofer with Pros, Cons & Recommendations
- In a Hurry? Here Are the Top 3 Competition Subwoofers
- #1 Skar Audio VXF-12 D2 12″– Best Competition Subwoofer
- #2 Rockville Punisher 12D1 – Best 12 Inch Competition Subwoofer
- #3 Skar Audio VXF-15 – Best 15 Inch Competition Subwoofer
- #4 American Bass 10″ Competition Car Subwoofer – Best 10 Inch Competition Sub
- Conclusions for the best competition subwoofers
- Top Competition Subwoofers Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- What are the hardest hitting subs?
- What is the strongest subwoofer?
- What is the frequency response for these best competition subwoofers?
- Which subs didn’t make the best competition subwoofers list?
- What are the best competition subwoofer features?
- Which are the best competition subs?
- Are competition grade subwoofers worth it?
- Which is the best car competition subwoofer?
- Which is the most powerful subwoofer?
- Which is the best skar audio competition?
- Which are the best competition subwoofers brands?
- What is the best 15 inch competition subwoofer?
- What is the best 10 inch competition subwoofer?
- What is the best 12 inch competition subwoofer?
- What are competition speakers?
- Which is the hardest hitting subwoofer to buy?
- Should I get some cheap competition subwoofers?
- Which are the best competition subwoofer brands?
- Which is the best best spl subwoofer?
- What are the hardest hitting 12 inch subs?
And we have a WINNER!
This true champion sub will allow you to easily win competitions. This Skar audio is 12” and rated at 1,400 Watts RMS. Let’s call it what it is: a beast.
One of the neighbors walked by while I was fine-tuning this monster and asked what kind of system I had back there. I replied, “It’s just a 12.” He didn’t believe me and was shocked to see that I wasn’t lying.
Heads up! If you plan to cage the beast in a box, make sure you inspect it regularly because it has shaken mine apart. It’s that powerful. You will need to add extra screws regularly.
I personally love this sub because it hits the lows perfectly. Even the extreme lows are not a challenge. Best bang for your buck in the competition category!
Here’s why it’s a must-buy:
- Tornado in the trunk: The bass is so strong that it has shaken the box apart and shakes the house windows when I pull up.
- Thrives in the lows: I didn’t even know that subs could go that low. This Skar sub can handle even the extreme lows perfectly. Wow!
- Balanced Sub: This is by far the most balanced competition-grade sub I’ve ever tested. You get the best from SPL and SQ as well.
A few drawbacks you must know about:
A few people reported clipping with this sub. That’s not good because it will be blown prematurely. The best thing to do is get a second battery. Also, it’s a great idea to upgrade your charging.
This stings the most. I didn’t get any decals whatsoever. It’s the perfect way to show off and have some bragging rights under my belt.
We’re talking about competition-level subs, and you will be blown away by the crazy low price this sub is on. So, no wonder it’s flying off the shelves! Pretty soon, there will be a waiting list created because the demand is so high. But it’s good news as it proves that people love it, even though you won’t be able to buy it anytime soon. In case you find one in stock, grab it while you can.
If you want something a bit cheaper, check out #2 on the list below.
Wow! Simply wow. This is a real beast. Get ready for the bass because when it hits as it will hurt in a good way. This sub is no joke. It’s a 12” woofer rated at 1,400 Watts RMS. It’s the loudest 12 inch subwoofer. No wonder it easily took down three Kicker subs.
This subwoofer has the biggest magnet I’ve ever seen, so brace yourself for a slow break-in period. When I was done installing it, I got scared the first time I let this beast out of its cage. It slams good, and it’s phenomenal music quality.
The bass resonates with everything. For you to know what I’m talking about, you need to own it. Best of all, it won’t hurt your pocket either as the price is quite fair for what you’re getting.
This is why it’s top of my list:
- Monster Bass: The bass is so strong it produces a nice flex, and if you get a nice SPL box, your eyes will vibrate. It’s a weird feeling. Plus, your rearview mirror will be crooked all the time.
- Kicker Killer: I put this beast head to head with three other twelve-inch Kickers for a fair fight. The Kicker didn’t stand a chance. Yes, you read that right, it has beaten three Kicker subs!
- Elite class Sub: This Rockville subwoofer is built from quality materials, and it’s a looker. Plus, it’s easy to install. No doctorate is needed.
A few drawbacks that I’ve encountered:
They have overhyped the power levels, big time. No way this sub can take 5600 Watts; that’s just eye candy. Always look at the RMS; even that seems a bit high.
It seems that they have gone with cheap spring post terminals. You have to be very careful with the mounting, or you might break them off.
I’ve done a few installs with this sub, including in an F-150, Tahoe, and Malibu.
If you want the best competition sub without breaking your budget, you have just found the right contender. The last time I checked, there were only a few ones left. So if you want to get one before the next competition, grab it right now, or you risk waiting for weeks on end.
We have a monster over here… This 15” Skar Audio subwoofer is rated at 1,500 Watts RMS.
Don’t you even dare install it without having your electrical system in top shape and having a second battery to supply the stable voltage. Of course, you will need a powerful amp as well to feed the beast. That 1,500 Watts is conservatively rated by Skar.
This sub is not for the faint of heart, it seriously pounds, and that’s what you want if you want to win competitions. Let me tell you this: it goes low even to the extreme lows and delivers hard-pounding bass.
I love it when I can do a hair trick on my wife, and with the help of this subwoofer, I’ve pulled it off with ease. She wasn’t that happy about it. Either way, there’s a lot of potential with this sub, and it’s a keeper if you have space.
Here’s why it’s a must-buy:
- It sounds like thunder: There was no rain predicted for today… Oh wait, that’s just the subwoofer! This bad boy pounds so hard.
- Guaranteed competition winner: A friend of mine has won two competitions in a row with this beast.
- The best customer service: These guys and gals are top-notch. They have answered my 100+ questions and are friendly; I can’t recommend them enough.
A few drawbacks you must know about:
This is a no-joke subwoofer with its 53 pounds. Once it’s mounted, you won’t have the mood to remove it. Plus, it takes up a lot of space, being a 15” one. You won’t be able to fit two of these bad boys in most cars.
Since this monster is so big, there’s a long break-in period. But it is worth it because then, it will truly shine.
People love this 15” sub, and I have a long list of happy clients who have installed it in an F250, Tahoe, Crown Vic, Honda Accord, Explorer, Honda Civic, and Jeep Wrangler, to name a few.
These hard-hitting subs are liked and loved, so no wonder they are flying off the shelves. If the next competition is around the corner, you have to move fast, or you risk missing out. There aren’t many in stock, so if you find one, grab it before someone else does.
It’s just a 10” sub; I think I will… wait a minute. It’s rated at 1,500 Watts RMS. What kind of monster is this?
This is a powerful subwoofer no wonder you can win competitions with this. Before you think about getting it to make sure you have the electrical system ready and maybe add a second battery just in case.
The bass is simply strong and perfect. I enjoy every subsonic wave. Plus, it hits the extreme lows perfectly. You’re getting amazing sound quality which is clean and accurate.
Here’s why it’s a must-buy:
- Hard bass: I wouldn’t have thought that this small 10” sub can release this much power. Your brain will get jarred if you push it to the max.
- Hits the lows: if you’re a fan of hip hop, rap and rock, you will enjoy some newfound lows down to 20 Hz.
- Mean-looking sub: you can’t just show up at a competition with an ugly system. The people at American Bass thought about that as well.
A few drawbacks that you have to know about:
This is no flimsy throw-away sub. It’s one of the best ones in the competition category, so you have to be patient. There’s a long break-in period, and that’s worth it so much.
A few people have mentioned that they were suffering from clipping, and it died suddenly. To solve the issue, you will need a very good amp, and you have to use quality wires.
As the name suggests, this sub delivers that powerful bass. If you want to compete, then this sub will be a good addition to your system. However, the stocks are almost always empty. This means you will have to move fast a get one before they are all gone.
If you’re interested in other subs take a look at the best car subwoofers for the money.
Conclusions for the best competition subwoofers
We have reached the end of this award ceremony for competition subs. I hope you will have a blast with your favorite one. I had a blast tweaking and fine-tuning them just to make this review list possible.
There aren’t many on this list because these are the best of the best. You will enjoy great sound, clear and strong bass and of course, winning competitions over and over.
Listen, if you want to get one of these subs from above, you have to move now. Since stocks are low, they might be sold out already; however, if there are still subs left, get it before someone else does.
If you have questions or tips, you know where the contact button is.
Roger and out!
Top Competition Subwoofers Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
What are the hardest hitting subs?
The hardest hitting subs would be the Rockford Rockford Fosgate Punch P3D4-10 10″ 1000 Watt Peak / 500 Watt RMS Dual 4 Ohm Car Subwoofer with Anodized Aluminum Cone and KICKER 44CWCS124 CompC 12 Inch competition 600 Watt 4 Ohm Single Voice Coil Car Audio Subwoofers with Polypropylene Cone and Polyurethane Surround.
What is the strongest subwoofer?
The strongest subwoofer ever made is the TRW 17 from Eminent Technology. It’s an insane subwoofer it costs $13.000 and it can go as low as 1 Hz while others tap out at 20 Hz.
What is the frequency response for these best competition subwoofers?
For these best competition subwoofers the stats look like this:
- Skar Audio VXF-12 D2 12 inch 3,000 Watts Max Power Dual 2 Ohm Competition Car Subwoofe; Frequency response: 22 Hz -300 Hz (frequency range); peak power: 3000 watts (maximum power output); 1500 watts; 3 inch voice coil made out of high temperature copper voice coil; dual 2 ohm voice coils (dual voice coils)
- Rockville Punisher 12D1 12 inch 5600w Peak Car Audio Competition Subwoofer Dual 1-Ohm Sub 1400w RMS CEA Rated; Frequency response: 31.634 Hz -500Hz (frequency range); peak power handling 5600 watts; Program Power Handling: 2800 Watts of power; 1400 watts rms power rating
- American Bass 10 inch Competition Car Subwoofer, 3000 Watts Maximum Power, Bass Surround Speaker, Car Audio Stereo Subwoofer – 10 inch, Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil; 3000 watts peak power handling; 1500 watts rms power rating; 4 dual ohm impedance voice coils; dual voice coils; high temperature voice coils (copper voice coils)
- Skar Audio VXF-15 D2 15 inch 3000 Watt Max Power Dual 2 Ohm Competition Car Subwoofer; Frequency response: 20 – 250 Hz; peak power handling 3000 watts; 1500 watts rms power rating; bass output 87.4 db SPL for high quality sound; 3″ High Temperature Copper Voice Coil, Dual 2 Ohm Voice Coil Configuration
Which subs didn’t make the best competition subwoofers list?
These spl car subwoofer and car subwoofers would be great runner ups to my list: power acoustik mofo 15 inch competition subwoofer 2 ohms, skar audio zvx 12 inch subwoofer (inch competition subwoofer) 4 ohms, orion hcca15 12 competition subwoofer 4 ohm impedance 4 ohms. Some of these are rated at 5,000 watts peak, 4,000 watts peak or 2,500 watts max. While other are heavy duty peak power rated at 2,000 watts (2000 watts) in double stack (double stacked) triple stacked. These subs were eliminated because they either didn’t have 4 layer voice coils, aluminum basket, massive audio, non pressed paper cone, no dust cap, there was no deep bass, small amount of power 1,000 watts or 1,200 watts. Or the other end of the spectrum high power requirements. If you want a subwoofer take into consideration these.
What are the best competition subwoofer features?
The best competition subwoofers should have these features: aluminum dust cap, high density polypropylene cone woofer conex spiders, top mount depth of 2.5 inches (mounting depth), aluminum basket, competition grade paper cone, non pressed paper cone, cast aluminum basket, 1 year warranty, affordable price tag, excellent sound quality, high roll foam surround, advanced sound system cooling system, low frequency sensibility, aluminum frame, 4 layer high temp voice coil, massive triple stacked magnets, massive audio.
Which are the best competition subs?
The best competition subs are:
#1 Skar Audio VXF-12 D2 12″ – Best Hardest Hitting 12″ Sub
#2 Rockville Punisher 12D1 – Best Subwoofer on the Market
#3 American Bass 10″ – Best Deepest Bass Sub
#4 Skar Audio VXF-15 – Best subwoofer for car
Are competition grade subwoofers worth it?
Yes, competition-grade subwoofers are worth it. When shopping for competition substoofers you should choose carefully by looking at the power handling, cost, and sound quality to make sure that you not spending money on features you don’t want (or need).
Which is the best car competition subwoofer?
The best car competition subwoofer is the Skar Audio VXF-12 D2. It is the best competition subwoofer because it has the best sound, the best power handling, and one of the lowest price tags.
Which is the most powerful subwoofer?
The TRW 17 is the most powerful subwoofer because it can go as low as 1 Hz. This means that it can create a more powerful and deep bass than any other subwoofer on the market. While other subs may produce more sound at higher frequencies, the TRW 17 will be able to create a more accurate and true-to-life bass. It’s an insane subwoofer it costs $13.000 and it can go as low as 1 Hz while others tap out at 20 Hz.
Top related article: Which subwoofer is best for bass?
Which is the best skar audio competition?
The best skar audio competition is the Skar Audio VXF-15. It has the best sound, the best power handling, and one of the lowest price tags.
Which are the best competition subwoofers brands?
There are many different brands of competition subwoofers on the market, but some of the most popular and well-known brands include Skar, JL Audio, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, and MTX. Each of these brands offers a wide range of powerful subwoofer options, so it can be tough to decide which one is right.
What is the best 15 inch competition subwoofer?
The best 15 inch competition subwoofer is the Skar Audio VXF-15. This subwoofer is a high-performance option that is designed to deliver extreme levels of bass. It is capable of handling up to 1,500 watts of power.
Related: Loudest 15 inch subwoofer
You might also like: Best 18 inch subwoofer for the money
What is the best 10 inch competition subwoofer?
The best 10 inch competition subwoofer is the American Bass 10″ Competition Car Subwoofer. This subwoofer is a high-quality option that offers amazing performance, making it the perfect choice for serious bassheads.
What is the best 12 inch competition subwoofer?
The best 12 inch competition subwoofer is the Rockville Punisher 12D1. This subwoofer is a powerful option that is capable of delivering deep, thunderous bass. It is perfect for those who are looking for an impressive high-performance subwoofer for a great price.
What are competition speakers?
There’s no real grading for competition speakers. In fact these are speakers that have high power and high output and weigh a lot because of quality materials.
Top 5 best competition speakers and top subwoofer brands:
- Skar Audio VXF-12 D2 12″ 3000 Watt Max Power Dual 2 Ohm Competition Car Speaker
- Rockville X8C Competition 8″ Component Speakers/Titanium Tweeters Pro Audio
- Rockville X6.5C Competition 6.5″ 1000 Watt Component Car Audio Speakers
- DS18 PRO-HY6.4B 6.5″ Hybrid Mid-Range Car Audio Loudspeaker
- Rockville RM88PRO 8″ 8 Ohm SPL Competition Midrange Car Speaker
Which is the hardest hitting subwoofer to buy?
If you’re looking for the hardest hitting subwoofer which is the Rockford Fosgate P3D4-15 Punch P3 Sub.
Should I get some cheap competition subwoofers?
No, stay away from cheap competition subwoofers because they will fail you at the worst moment plus you might get ridiculed for getting cheap stuff.
Which are the best competition subwoofer brands?
Here’s a top list of the best competition subwoofer brands:
- JL Audio
- Skar Audio
- American Bass
- Rockford Fosgate
- Sundown Audio
Which is the best best spl subwoofer?
Here’s a list of the best best spl subwoofers:
- Skar Audio ZVX-12v2 D1
- Sundown Audio U-10 D4 10″ 1500W RMS Dual 4-Ohm U-Series Subwoofer
- CT Sounds STRATO-8-D4 1200 Watts Max 8 Inch Car Subwoofer Dual 4 Ohm
- Orion HCCA15 12″ Car Subwoofer 2000 Watts
- Massive Audio SUMMOXL104-10 Inch Car Audio Subwoofer
What are the hardest hitting 12 inch subs?
The hardest hitting 12 inch subwoofers would be: Rockford Fosgate Punch, Skar Audio EVL and Kicker. If you want hard hitting bass these are the brands to turn to.
Last Updated on December 6, 2022 by Danny Reid