The Best Car Subwoofer for Deep Bass – Pros, Cons & Recommendations
Welcome to the best car subwoofer for deep bass awards!
After having spent the last 16 days mounting, soldering, running wires, fine-tuning, and skipping on bedtime stories for the kids (sorry, honey!), I’m ready to reveal what the very best car subs for that deep bass are.
Finding the perfect deep bass subwoofer for the job comes down to two things. You have to know how much space you have and your budget. As soon as you’ve determined these, it will be super easy to find the perfect fit.
From the long list of subs available out there, I’ve only kept the five best of the best, and I’ve ranked them based on bass power, ease of installation, size, and coolness.
For the past 20 years or so, I’ve been installing and upgrading car audio equipment. Name a car, and I’ve probably worked on it. So, I’ve decided to dig into my knowledge to bring you the best car subwoofers on the market for strong low bass. I’ve done the heavy lifting for you, so no matter which one you choose, you will end up with a winner.
To make sure there’s a fit for you on this list, I’ve only picked the most popular subs. There are no crazy 20” subs on this list.
Now, let’s feel some bass already!
In a Hurry? Here Are the Top 3 Deep Bass Car Subwoofers
What Will I Learn?
- The Best Car Subwoofer for Deep Bass – Pros, Cons & Recommendations
- In a Hurry? Here Are the Top 3 Deep Bass Car Subwoofers
- #1 Rockford Fosgate P300-12 – Best Car Subwoofer for Deep Bass
- #2 Pioneer TS-WX130DA – Best Enclosed 8-inch Sub for Deep Bass
- #3 Kicker 44CWCS124 CompC – Best Low Bass Subwoofer
- #4 Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8 – Best 8 inch Deep Bass Subwoofer
- #5 Skar Audio ZVX-15v2 – Best Bass Subwoofer for Car
- Conclusions for the best car subwoofers for deep bass
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- What is the hardest hitting subwoofer?
- Which subwoofer is best for bass in the car?
- What size subwoofer is best for bass?
- What is the frequency response for the subwoofers above?
- Which car subwoofers didn’t make it on the list?
- What is the best bass subwoofer for car?
- Which is the best subwoofer for bass?
- Which are the best subs for bass?
- How good is the skar audio car subwoofer?
- Are there really 1000 watts, 1200 watts or even 2000 watts subwoofers?
- Which are the best car subwoofers that are shallow mount?
- What should I check if I want to buy car subwoofers?
- Do I need a head unit for my car audio systems?
- Which are the best competition subwoofers on the market?
- What is the best car subwoofer for deep bass?
- What is the best bass subwoofer?
- How do I find the best car subwoofer?
- What are the benefits of using an aftermarket car subwoofer?
- What are some tips for improving car audio sound quality?
- What is the best deep bass subwoofer?
- What are some of the factors to consider when selecting a deep bass subwoofer?
- What is the deepest bass subwoofer?
- Where can I find the cheapest prices on the deepest bass subwoofer?
- What is the best car stereo system for bass?
- Which is the best under the seat bass subwoofer?
- What is the best subwoofer for deep bass?
- What subwoofer has the deepest bass?
And we have a WINNER!
Besides being one of the hardest-hitting subs I’ve ever installed — the name Punch series is hinting that — it’s also super simple to install. I would say it’s as plug-and-play as a sub can get.
It’s clear that this sub is powerful 12” and is rated at 300 Watts RMS (power handling). It enhances the bass and perfectly fills out the lows. It will make your truck or ride boom just like old-fashioned boom boxes.
Rockford Fosgate thought of everything. From being powered to benefiting from sturdy dust protection, you’re getting the full package.
And you’re getting all that for an amazing value. It’s punchy and loud without distortions.
This is why it’s top of my list:
- Careful, it’s too powerful: A buddy of mine didn’t heed my warning and managed to crack the windshield with the harmonic vibrations.
- Deep bass: If you want that strong bass that you can feel in your chest, you just found the perfect woofer for it. It’s punchy, and it’s louder than you can stand.
- Best of the best: Not only is it clean and fills out the lows perfectly, but it is also easily removable whenever you need more trunk space.
Although, here are w few drawbacks I’ve encountered.
My biggest dislike with the Rockford Fosgate sub is the Velcro mounting. It just doesn’t last. Many others, like me, complained that the Velcro isn’t sufficient to secure to the floor.
This sub also needs a lot of current. Thus, if you experience flickering lights, you will need a capacitor, so your battery isn’t stressed.
This woofer is a keeper. I had so many satisfied clients that it’s hard to keep track of them all. I’ve installed it in a Ford Bronco, Honda Accord, Mustang, Silverado, Fiat 500, and 4 Runner, to name a few.
People love the Rockford Fosgate sub to the point that the stocks are always low. So, make sure you grab one before the last one is out or you may have to wait a few weeks.
If you want something a bit cheaper, check out #2 on the list below.
This tiny hideaway unit is filled with surprises. First of all, it’s more powerful than people think. The specks say that it is 8” and rated at 60 Watts RMS (power handling). Even with these, it’s an excellent way to make your daily commute more enjoyable.
Make sure you mount it either at the center of the car or under the seat. Since it’s a small unit, it won’t perform well in the trunk. Also, I agree with experts saying that this unit needs a two-week break-in period.
You will be able to feel the bump without disturbing your neighbors or alerting the cops. It’s a win-win for everybody.
Here’s why it’s a must-buy:
- It’s tiny but has a mean punch: All I’m saying is not to underestimate this subwoofer because it delivers.
- Plug and play woofer: It’s super easy to install. Plus, tuning is brain-dead simple, which means you will be bumping to your favorite music in no time.
- Highlights your favorite songs: With this sub, you will get that much-needed bass to create an emotional connection with your songs.
Although, there are a few drawbacks you should know about.
First, with the right expectations, you will know that an 8” sub won’t be able to hit the low notes, and the Pioneer is no exception in this matter.
The remote is also super clunky. Pioneer should’ve done a better job with it.
Either way, it’s a good sub. I have installed in a JK Wrangler, Toyota RAV4, Silverado, and Dodge Ram, and all the owners were driving away grinning from ear to ear.
The last time I checked, it was almost out of stock. So, put in your order, and you will be the first one to get it when the new shipment comes in.
This subwoofer is perfect for those who want to hear every subsonic sound in the song. It’s that intense and accurate. When listening to your favorite songs, you will find new tones that you haven’t heard before. It happened to me when I played a song that I’ve listened to it more than a hundred times.
It’s a budget build, and it’s all worth it. Getting two 12” at this amazing price is unheard of. The two are rated at 600 Watts RMS (watt RMS) power handling combined, meaning 300 Watts RMS power handling individually.
No matter what kind of music you’re into, it will sound perfect with these subs. These are so powerful you will feel your heart shaking. The lows are also perfect and hit hard. Best of all, it’s clean without any distortions.
Here’s why it’s a must-buy:
- Solid deep bass: It’s truly one of the best. It can beat two Boss subs, hands down.
- Way too powerful: You can let the other guy at the stoplight know that you have some good bass.
- Perfect sound quality: There are no distortions whatsoever and the lows are clean; just what the doctor ordered.
Although there are a few drawbacks you should know about.
First, having a grille on a subwoofer is a must or it can get destroyed by accident. Sadly, it’s missing on this model, so you have to buy it separately.
It’s great that Pioneer is offering Kicker stickers, but that’s just telegraphing to would-be thieves, “Loot.” I definitely wouldn’t stick it on the car.
This Kicker sub is quite popular. I’ve installed it in multiple vehicles, such as a 4Runner, PT Cruiser, Cadillac, Mustang, and Silverado.
Since this model is loved by so many, the stocks are running low. If you want a pair of these, you will have to move fast or you risk waiting for weeks on end.
This sub is part of the punch series. This means that you’re getting a ton of bass for your money. Even if it’s just an 8” sub, it’s rated at 150 Watts RMS power handling and produces a tight and accurate bass. This will give you new dimensions for your music.
There’s a heavy magnet in this subwoofer, so there’s a long break-in period. Depending on use, it can take up to 3 weeks until it starts to sound perfect.
This sub has a slim profile so that you can fit it under the seat quite comfortably. And if you manage to nail just the right spot, you can shake your mirrors. I didn’t believe that an 8” sub can do it, so I tested it. It’s true.
The bass is strong and accurate, and there are no distortions so that you can enjoy your music pitch-perfect.
Here’s why it’s a must-buy:
- Looks Expensive: high-end build quality, this sub is a real looker. Sadly you have to hide it, or it will be a thief magnet.
- Mirrors will shake: yes, even if it’s just an 8” sub, it will shake the mirrors if you find the sweet spot.
- Perfect bass: since it’s part of the punch series it will deliver that great thump that you always wished for
A few drawbacks that you have to know about:
Brace yourself. This sub needs a longer break-in period than other woofers because of its unique shape.
Depending on the car, it might not fit the factory screw patterns, so you will have to drill by your side.
This sub sells so well that there’s a waiting list for it. I’ve installed it in quite a few cars like: Tahoe, Yukon, Ford Explorer, 4Runner, Mustang, Lincoln Mark LT, to name a few.
The last time I’ve checked, there were hardly any left in stock, so you have to grab one before they run out because it takes some time to get the new shipment in.
Oh boy, I’ve done it now. I’ve installed this 12” 53-pound gorilla that is rated at 1500 Watts RMS power handling. This can do some serious damage. For example, I’ve managed to rattle the back window after the break-in period.
This is not a joke. This sub hits hard. You feel it everywhere and not just you. Don’t forget to turn it down when you pull up at the lights, or you will piss everybody off.
Have you heard about 12” car subwoofers that can hit the really low frequencies? Yes, this Skar Audio sub can do just that. It’s insane what it can do, so no wonder why many people like me say that this is a great budget competition sub.
To get the best out of this woofer, you will need the perfect box or leave some much-deserved bass in waste.
Best of all, you’re getting two years of warranty, and it’s just as good as the Sundown brand, only it’s cheaper.
Here’s why it’s a must-buy:
- Absolute Animal: the bass is insane. I didn’t even tempt to push the gain over 1/3. It was scary enough.
- For Bass Lovers: what can 1500 Watts RMS (watt rms) deliver? Well more bass than you can handle for sure.
- Love at first sight: even though it’s big and heavy, I love it because it delivers and it can piss the neighbors off.
A few drawbacks that you have to know about:
This monster is super heavy, it clocks in 53 pounds, and it’s so worth the extra weight.
I had an issue with the dust cap. It started to make some popping sounds. Sadly this part is cheaply made. All I had to do is flatten it, and it was good as new.
Since this sub is close to the competition level, the price is higher than the rest; even so, I had a few installs and happy customers, such as Silverado and Tahoe, to name a few.
The last time I’ve checked, there were only a few in stock, so jump on it as you have the chance, or you have to wait weeks on end for the new shipment.
Conclusions for the best car subwoofers for deep bass
We have reached the end of the best deep bass subwoofer award ceremony. I love when I can go on the overkill. So I had a blast testing these subs out, and I’ve eliminated a fair chunk of them and only left the winner bass subwoofers on the list.
By now, you should know which one is the best fit for your needs. Frankly, picking anyone from the list above is a guaranteed winner.
Now you have to move because, as you’ve seen, the stocks are flying off the shelves. You will be left out if you hesitate. Grab one while they are still available.
If you have questions or tips, you know where the contact button is.
Roger and out.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
What is the hardest hitting subwoofer?
By far the hardest hitting subwoofer is the Rockford Fosgate P300-12. It’s a 12″ inch sub from the Punch series. RF wasn’t joking when it named it the Punch series. These subs kick like a mule. The woofers make the stereo system come alive.
Which subwoofer is best for bass in the car?
If you’re looking for the subwoofer that delivers the best bass for your car you have just found the post. Depending on the size you want I have picked the best of the best. The subs above are all winners and you can’t go wrong with them.
What size subwoofer is best for bass?
The bigger size of the subwoofer the better bass you’re getting however you’re losing space. So by far the best choice in subwoofer size for the best bass is 12 inches. These woofers deliver the best bass without taking up too much space.
What is the frequency response for the subwoofers above?
The subs from above have this frequency response:
- Rockford Fosgate P300 12 punch; 12 inch subwoofers, frequency response: 35-150 Hz, single voice coil
- Pioneer TS-WX130DA, frequency response: 20-200 Hzm single voice coil
- KICKER 44CWCS124 CompC dual 12 inch subwoofers, frequency response: 27-500 Hz, duak 4 ohm single coil
- Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8 8″ Dual 2 Ohm Punch, frequency response: 38-250 Hz
- Skar Audio ZVX-15v2 D1 dual voice coils, dual 2 ohm, frequency response: 25-400 Hz
As you can see there are many subs which have clean bass and clear bass with a low frequency response.
Which car subwoofers didn’t make it on the list?
These car subwoofers didn’t make it on my list: JL Audio, American Bass sound audio system, MTX audio. Even though american bass and mtx audio made it in my multiple top lists for best subwoofer car stereo.
What is the best bass subwoofer for car?
The best bass subwoofer for car is the Rockford Fosgate P300.
Which is the best subwoofer for bass?
The best subwoofer for bass is the Rockford Fosgate P300.
Which are the best subs for bass?
The best subs for bass are:
- #1 Rockford Fosgate P300-12
- #2 Pioneer TS-WX130DA
- #3 Kicker 44CWCS124 CompC
- #4 Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8
- #5 Skar Audio ZVX-15v2
How good is the skar audio car subwoofer?
The skar audio car subwoofer is almost competition level. As a matter of fact, it’s competition grade with and affordable price.
Are there really 1000 watts, 1200 watts or even 2000 watts subwoofers?
Yes that’s true that there 1200 watts peak (watt peak) power subs however this is the peak power so you should always look at the RMS rating. Those high numbers that are showcased are just hype. The real numbers are just like these: 300 watts RMS, 400 watts RMS, 600 Watts RMS, The highest watts RMS i’ve seen was 1500 watts and 1200 watts rms is quite common. 400 watts RMS is typical for 10 inch subs. You should read my top5 10 inch subs post if you want to purchase a 10 inch subwoofer. If your sub doesn’t have an amp then you will need at least 1000 watt amplifier. So stay away from maximum power and peak power numbers.
Which are the best car subwoofers that are shallow mount?
The best car subwoofers that are shallow mount are these: Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8 2 ohm and Alphasonik Dynamis DCP8 2 ohm without a huge price tag.
What should I check if I want to buy car subwoofers?
When you want to buy car subwoofers you should check the following things: is it a sealed enclosure or a sealed box, rubber surround sound system, paper cone, polypropylene cone, is it made out of solid cast aluminum, is it a mount subwoofer and what’s the mounting depth, anodized aluminum vented enclosure, at least 10 inch wide and it would good to have 4 ohms or dual 4 ohm powerful bass. Sometimes manufacturers offer external amplifier and enclosure in the same package. Also make sure you have more than enough space from the car seat.
Do I need a head unit for my car audio systems?
Having a head unit for the car audio systems is a great idea. You get a lot of control and customization options for the price point. If you love solid bass and a great deal go for it.
Which are the best competition subwoofers on the market?
The best competition subwoofers on the market are: Skar Audio VXF-12 and Rockville Punisher 12D1.
What is the best car subwoofer for deep bass?
The best car subwoofer for deep bass is the Rockford Fosgate P300 12 inch subwoofer. This subwoofer is perfect for you if you want deep bass, as it has an amazing depth. This car subwoofer is 12 inch wide. The exterior is covered with aviation grade cover. Getting this car audio you’re getting quality bass. If you want to buy the best 12 inch subwoofer take a look at my list.
What is the best bass subwoofer?
The best bass subwoofer would be the Rockford Fosgate P300 subwoofer. This subwoofer has amazing power and control, which will take your bass to a whole new level.
How do I find the best car subwoofer?
By firstly knowing the size of your car, and then matching it with a subwoofer that will fit perfectly, you can find the best car subwoofers. I’m sure you have heard “bigger is better” when it comes to car speakers, but this isn’t always true. Bigger isn’t always better. In fact, sometimes the smaller the sub the louder it can be.
What are the benefits of using an aftermarket car subwoofer?
Aftermarket car subwoofers are designed to be custom fit. This means that you can get a custom box or enclosure and exactly the right subwoofer for your car. This also allows you to get the perfect fit for your car.
What are some tips for improving car audio sound quality?
There are several things you can do to improve the sound quality of your car audio system. Here are a few simple tips:
– Get rid of that stock head unit and replace it with an aftermarket, high powered one. This will give you many more options for customizing how you listen to music in your car.
– Replace those stock car speakers with a set of aftermarket ones. This will improve both the sound quality and how long your car audio system will last.
– Get an external amplifier for your car subwoofer. This will increase the volume and sound quality of your system.
– Get a custom enclosure to fit your subwoofer perfectly into your car. This ensures that you get great sounding bass from every single song.
– Get the perfect car subwoofer for your car by measuring the size of the trunk and knowing what type of music you are going to be listening to.
What is the best deep bass subwoofer?
The best deep bass subwoofer is the P300. The P300 is a versatile subwoofer that can be used in small spaces and large vehicles. It produces strong, low bass and is great for deep sounds. It produces excellent quality sound.
What are some of the factors to consider when selecting a deep bass subwoofer?
There are many factors to consider when selecting a subwoofer. Here are the most important factors you should keep in mind:
– Size of your car. The size of your car is one of the main considerations for choosing the best car subwoofers for deep bass.
– Cost. You should determine how much money you want to spend before deciding which subwoofer you’re going to purchase.
– Versatility. The best deep bass subwoofer is a versatile one that can be used in small spaces as well as large vehicles because it produces strong low bass sounds.
What is the deepest bass subwoofer?
If you’re looking for a deep bass subwoofer that won’t break the bank, take a look at the Rockford Fosgate P300 Car Subwoofer.
Where can I find the cheapest prices on the deepest bass subwoofer?
The cheapest prices on the deepest bass subwoofer are online. Online retailers have a lot of advantages over brick and mortar stores, including lower overhead costs. Lower overhead costs mean store owners can pass the savings onto their customers in terms of lower prices. It is important to note that there are still some very reputable companies with retail locations that offer great prices online too.
What is the best car stereo system for bass?
The best car stereo system for bass depends on many factors.
The best car stereo system for bass is the one that delivers what you want in your car stereo systems, i.e., powerful bass at an affordable price.
Note that different people have different taste when it comes to music and so what may be good for me might not be good for you.
Also, if you’re looking for a car stereo system which is as loud as possible, you will want to find the one with the highest wattage output.
You might not be looking for powerful bass at all and so what works best for me might not work best for you.
Which is the best under the seat bass subwoofer?
The best under seat subwoofer is the Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8.
What is the best subwoofer for deep bass?
The best subwoofer for deep bass is the Rockford Fosgate P300 Subwoofer. It produces strong, low bass and is great for deep sounds.
What subwoofer has the deepest bass?
If you’re looking for the deepest bass subwoofer that won’t break the bank, take a look at the Rockford Fosgate P300 Car Subwoofer.
best subwoofer for low bass
Last Updated on January 8, 2022