Best Amp for Alpine Type R15 R12 S12 with Pros, Cons & Recommendations
Welcome to the Best Amp for Alpine Type R, S Subwoofer Award Show!
For the past 16 days, I’ve been in my garage installing amps, tinkering, soldering, running wires, fine-tuning, and test driving while skipping on my favorite shows that were cold-heartedly spoiled by my wife (I will get even with you, missy…); to bring you the best amps for different Alpine subwoofers.
Finding the perfect amp for your Alpine subwoofer comes down to two things, your current system setup, and your budget. As soon as you know these, it will be super easy to find the right amp for the subwoofers.
For more than 20 years, I’ve installed car stereo equipment. I know myself around the block, so I’ve decided to help out by sharing my experience. By reading this article, you not only cut down on research time buy you will also find the perfect amp for your sub.
In this article, I will share with you which is the best amp for Alpine Type R15, R12, S12. I’ve only picked the best of the best, so you can rest assured that there’s no lemon or dud on the list.
Let me see those amps already!
In a Hurry? Here Are the Top 3 Alpine Type R15 R12 S12 Amps
For people who want to push their Alpine Type R15 to the limit and maybe beyond.
For people who have an Alpine Type R12 and want to bring out the absolute best from it.
For people who want to tame their beast of Alpine Type S12 and dominate it for the best performance.
What Will I Learn?
- Best Amp for Alpine Type R15 R12 S12 with Pros, Cons & Recommendations
- In a Hurry? Here Are the Top 3 Alpine Type R15 R12 S12 Amps
- #1 Rockford Fosgate T750X1bd– Best Amp for Alpine Type R15
- #2 Rockville dB13 – Best Amp for Alpine Type R12
- #3 Rockville dB14 – Best Amp for Alpine Type S12
- Conclusions on the Best Amp for Alpine Type R12, R15, S12 Awards
- Frequently Asked Question (FAQ):
- How many watts can Alpine Type R handle?
- Are Alpine Type S subs any good?
- How many watts are Alpine Type R 12s?
- Which Alpine type is the best?
- Is Alpine better than JL?
- How many watts is an Alpine s12?
- Which amplifier is best for 12 inch subs?
There’s a ridiculous amount of power under the hood. More than enough to power your Alpine type R15 subwoofer. As a matter of fact, this amp can handle any sub that you can throw at it.
Being a tiny amp means that you have a lot of flexibility where you can install it. It’s simply ideal for small spaces. It’s a monoblock amp that’s Class BD, and here’s what’s under the hood.
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 750 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 750 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
Once this amp is installed, get ready to feel that deep, chest-pounding bass. It’s true you’re getting a ton of power in a small package. The bass is clean; there are no distortions whatsoever.
This is why it’s top of my list:
- Ridiculous Power: This amp will push your Alpine type R15 like never before. Luckily they can handle the stress
- Highly Underrated: Guess what? You’re getting a lot more power than they say you will. This will be perfect for punishing those R15
- It’s Tiny yet a Beast: I can’t even imagine how they manage to stuff that much power in a small unit like this one. Amazing what modern engineering can do
A few drawbacks to consider:
What I’ve noticed is that the terminals are not that well made. The advertising says that it’s 8 gauge, and there’s no way to fit it. There’s one way if you use a converter.
Oh, come one, Rockford would’ve been that hard to kick the bass knob in as a freebie? No, now we have to buy it separately.
All in all, this Rockford Fosgate amp will do an amazing job powering up your Alpine-type R15 subs. It has more than enough power to make them sweat. If you can get past the flaws which are not deal-breakers, then this is the right unit for the job.
For some reason, this is a very popular amplifier, and people can’t get enough of it. Combined with the current situation and there are hardly any amps left to buy. The last time I’ve checked, there were still a few left. If you move fast, then you might just make it by buying the last one.
Best of all, this amplifier is highly underrated. Even if you would get the default specs, it’s worth it. Since it’s underrated, you will be getting a lot more power.
This Rockville db13 is a Class D monoblock amp that is perfect for the Alpine type R12. Here’s what’s under the hood.
- 750 Watts RMS x 1 Channel at 2 Ohms
- 450 Watts RMS x 1 Channel at 4 Ohms
I feel sorry for that poor Type R; it won’t even know what will hit it. Here are some observations of mine about this amplifier. Since it’s a class D, it’s super easy to put together. And when you light it up, it will thump and bump.
You will be able to enjoy some amazing SQ and some hard-hitting bass.
Here’s why it’s a must-buy:
- Thumps and Bumps: This amplifier was just made for the Alpine Type R 12. It pushes this subwoofer to the limit. This is how you get that heart shaking bass
- Hits Hard: Holly smokes this amp can make the subwoofer hit hard. Thanks to the impressive engineering the Type R is working up a sweat
- Built to Last: This amplifier is alive and kicking after a full year of constant abuse. I’m with team Rockville
Here are a few drawbacks:
The biggie with this amplifier is that the terminals are super tiny; you need to be careful with the wires when you’re feeding them in.
It’s cool that the bass knob is nice and bright, and it’s a bit too bright for my taste. It could be distracting during evening drives.
Wow, simply wow, this amplifier is a real piece of work. If you want to power your Type R12, you can’t go wrong with this one. Even if it has a few flaws, these are minor ones. Just think about the great bass you will enjoy.
Since this amp is super affordable, there’s one major issue, that everybody wants a piece of it. This means that the stocks are very low. Now, if you move fast, you might just get lucky and buy the last remaining ones. For this, you need to take action now.
The Alpine Type S 12 is a beast of a subwoofer, and it needs a different type of best to tame it. Luckily there’s the Rockville db14 up for the challenge. It’s pretty much a legendary amp. It has so much power that you will be blown away.
This Rockford amp is just perfect for the Alpine type S 12. It’s a Class D and happens to be a monoblock unit. Here’s what’s under the hood.
- 1000 Watts RMS x 1 Channel at 2 Ohms
- 600 Watts RMS x 1 Channel at 4 Ohms
This amplifier has more than enough power to push two 15” subs, so you will be good with the Type S 12. It’s a real beast and pushes subs like no other amp on the market.
Best of all, it’s super affordable. Just to be on the safe side, buy two of these before they increase the price. If your subs were naughty, this amp would be the perfect punisher for them.
Here’s why it’s a must-buy:
- Absolute Beast: This monster of an amp can handle two 15” subs easy so the Type S 12 will not be a problem to make it shine
- You can’t see through the Mirrors: OMG, I can’t see. In all fairness, the vibrations shake the mirrors so much that it’s impossible to see who’s behind you
- Hits hard: I love when a subwoofer is brought to the limit, that’s when it makes the sweetest hard-hitting bass possible
Here are a few drawbacks:
Rockville has cut some corners in the screw department. I mean, these are the softest screw I’ve ever seen. If you put in the smallest effort, it will strip. It’s not easy to remove a stripped screw.
The good news is that it comes with a bass knob, and the bad one is that it’s very bright. For some, it will be troublesome during the evening drives.
This amp has blown me away. I didn’t know I could experience a deep bass as this Kicker produces. The Alpine Type S 12 is almost working overtime to catch up. Yes, it’s true that it has a few flaws, and these are nothing compared to the bass you’re getting.
I really don’t understand why the prices are this low. It’s pushing 1000 watts RMS, and its price under $200 is insane. This is why you can hardly get any of these because they are out of stock. You need to move fast because the last ones are flying off the shelves. Move now.
Conclusions on the Best Amp for Alpine Type R12, R15, S12 Awards
We have reached the end of this award ceremony. I had a blast searching for matching amps for these Alpine Type R and Type S subwoofers. I hope you had a blast reading my review. Maybe you have already found what you’ve been looking for?
Then the next step is taking action fast. As you have seen above these amps are in high demand and if you don’t move fast you will miss out on them and it takes a few weeks for the next shipment to arrive. Get off the fence and buy it now.
These are the most important Alpine subwoofers so I’ve added them into a single article to make it as convenient as possible.
Suppose you happen to have tips or questions feel free to reach out to me. The best way is by email and I will do my best to reply.
Roger and Out
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ):
How many watts can Alpine Type R handle?
Alpine Type R can handle 300 – 1000 Watts RMS (depending on the size). 500 watts/coil and the peak power is 3000 watts
Are Alpine Type S subs any good?
Yes the Alpine Type S is a very good sub. As a matter of fact, it can rival JL audio with ease.
How many watts are Alpine Type R 12s?
Alpine Type R 12 has a power handling of 500 – 750 Watt RMS and 750 Watt – 2250 Watt Peak.
Which Alpine type is the best?
From my tests, Alpine Type R is slightly better sounding than Alpine Type S. If the price difference is good enough you have to decide
Is Alpine better than JL?
If you compare the two on value Alpine delivers better value for the price. Meanwhile, JL seems to be overpriced.
How many watts is an Alpine s12?
Alpine S12 has a power handling of 600 watts RMS and 1800 Watts Peak
Which amplifier is best for 12 inch subs?
The best amps for 12 inch subs would be:
Rockford Fosgate R500X1D.
Rockville 4000 Watt
MTX Audio TNP212D2
Boss Audio Systems RIOT 1100 Watts
Last Updated on April 3, 2022 by Danny Reid