Best 1500 Watt Amp with Pros, Cons & Recommendations
Welcome to the Best 1500 Watt Amp Award Show!
I’ve spent the last 14 days in my garage tinkering, installing amps, running wires, checking fuses, testing SQ, fine-tuning, and driving around; meanwhile, I’ve skipped on house chores and bedtime stories (sorry honey, I will make it up to you…) to bring you the best 1500 watts amplifiers on the market.
To find the perfect amp for your needs, everything comes down to two things your current system and your budget. As soon as you know these, it will be a breeze to find the right fit.
For more than 20 years, I’ve been pimping car audio systems. I’ve seen everything there’s so I’ve decided to share this knowledge to help you out. By reading this article, you will not only shorten the research, but you most likely find the one you’ve been looking for.
I’m ranking the top 3 best 1500 watts amplifiers on true wattage, class, looks, ease of install, ease of tuning, and of course, the value for the money.
Now, you can rest assured that picking any amp from the list below guarantees that you have found a winner. There are no duds or lemons here, only champions. You can choose with full confidence.
Let me see those amps already!
What Will I Learn?
- Best 1500 Watt Amp with Pros, Cons & Recommendations
- #1 Kicker 46CXA8001 – The Best 1500 Watt Overall
- #2 Rockville dB15 6000– Best Value 1500 Watt Amplifier
- #3 Power Acoustik RZ1-1500D– Best Affordable 1500 Watt Amp
- Conclusions on the Best 1500 Watt Amp Awards
- How many amps does a 1500 watt amp?
- What amp is needed for a 1200 watt sub?
- How many watts is a good amplifier?
- Which power amplifier is best?
- Frequently Asked Question (FAQ):
- What are the features of these 1500 watt amps?
- Can you daisy chain multiple amps?
- Class D amps Vs Class AB amps which is better?
- Which car amplifier wasn’t inlcuded in the best 1500 watt amps list?
- What does the LED power color indicate on a camp amplifier?
- Is the mosfet power supply the best choice?
#1 Kicker 46CXA8001 – The Best 1500 Watt Overall
We have a WINNER!
This is not your average amp because it’s doing so much. It’s the perfect solution if you have a monster of a subwoofer; however, you can easily power two 10” or even two 12” subs.
This compact unit delivers some seriously deep bass, and it will make your whole ride shake. This is what you need to know about this amplifier.
- 1600 Watts Peak Power output (max power output)
- 600 Watts RMS at 2 omhs
- 800 Watts RMS at 8 ohms
I hope that you don’t have cheap subs because they need to take a serious beating. This Kicker amplifier will push them hard, and they need to withstand that abuse.
You will be able to enjoy beautiful music and excellent quality because it makes things sound a lot better.
This is why it’s top of my list:
- OMG, the Bass: After installing this amp, the bass is hitting so much harder, and it’s tight too
- Ultimate Single Sub: This amplifier drops some major power so it can even power the most power-hungry subwoofer on the market
- Feel the Envy: This is a powerful monster, and it will make your system sound stronger than it is. People won’t believe that it’s just a 10” sub in the back; they have to see it with their own eyes
A few drawbacks to consider:
There were a few complaints that the unit overheats, yet it’s a class D amplifier. Here’s my pro-tip; you need at least 6” of space, and everything is fine.
Oh, come on, Kicker, you too? If you would like to have a bass remote, you have to pay for it separately. This would’ve been a nice freebie.
Holly smokes, and there’s no smoke; this MTX audio amp is a winner. The power output is just insane for a mono amp. This is packaged up in a class D design, so it barely takes up any space. It has blown me away.
This is a very popular amplifier; this is a good and bad thing. The good thing means that you won’t go wrong with it. The bad thing is that everybody is buying it, so the shelves are mostly empty. This means that you need to move or you will be left out. Buy one right now or risk waiting for weeks on end.
If you want something cheaper, then check out #2 on my list.
Tight and Deep bass that hits harder than you can imagine
Over-deliver since you can power two 10” or two 12” subwoofers
Sounds amazing, excellent quality in a compact package
If it overheats, it will shut down
The bass knob has to be purchased separately
#2 Rockville dB15 6000– Best Value 1500 Watt Amplifier
I have to hand it to Rockville that they know how to make a good amp. The logo and how it lights up are nice. Also, what’s under the hood makes it worth it.
The gain is very sensitive, and once you have that dialed in, it will blow everyone away. As a matter of fact, people can’t handle the bass; it’s too strong, so they leave the car.
Here’s what you need to know about this 1500 Watt Monoblock Amplifier.
- 1500 Watts RMS x 1 Channel at 2 Ohm
- 900 Watts RMS x 1 Channel at 4 Ohm
- 6000 Watts Peak x 1 Channel at 2 Ohm
- 3600 Watts Peak x 1 Channel at 4 Ohm
That’s some serious power. It slaps those subwoofers like nothing else. And the bass? Well, you will feel it in your chest, and I’m pretty sure it will shake your entire vehicle.
The sound is awesome, and it will never overheat.
Here’s why it’s a must-buy:
- Feel the Bass in Your Chest: The bass is out of this world. When I let it loose, I felt it deep inside my body
- It’s not for the Faint of Heart: Even if this is just a 1 channel amp, you can easily power two 12 inch subwoofers, and hell, why not two 15” ones
- People Ejector: Once I’ve cranked this baby up, people couldn’t stand it and got out of the car. Not bad, not bad
Here are a few drawbacks:
This is a real monster; it might cost you a whole lot more to run it than actually buying the amp. You see this amplifier needs a lot of power, so you have to have a very good electrical system
Since this amp is so powerful, it might shake your box loose. It’s not a bad idea to reinforce your box periodically
This is by far the best 1500 watt amplifier for the value on the market. You can’t go wrong with it. I hope you have everything you need to let this monster loose.
Even though not everybody is bumping on a 1500 Watt system, there’s still a supply issue going on. So if you want to enjoy all these benefits, you need to move fast and buy this amplifier right now, or else you have to wait weeks on end.
The bass is insane; you can feel it massaging your internal chest cavity
It’s for serious players who want to power two 12” or even two 15” subwoofers
People can’t take the bass; they bounce
Requires a lot of power, so a decent electrical system needed
Make sure you reinforce the box because it might fall apart
#3 Power Acoustik RZ1-1500D– Best Affordable 1500 Watt Amp
Can this budget amplifier compete with the big boys? Let me put it this way you can get at Wal-Mart a similar amplifier for twice the price and half the power. So yes, it can definitely compete with the big boys.
This Power Acoustik amplifier is a tiny one, and yet it stacks a mighty punch. I’m beyond impressed by the value this amp gives for the price.
- 1500 Watt max power output
- 900 Watt RMS at 2 ohm
- 600 Watt RMS at 4 ohm
Did you know that this is not made in China? Yes, it’s true it’s made in Korea that means it’s higher quality and durable.
This amp can run a JBL 12” subwoofer without breaking a sweat. It sounds amazing, and it’s a little powerhouse.
Here’s why it’s a must-buy:
- It Pounds for a Budget Amp: Once you have it up and running, it will rattle your mirrors so you won’t be able to see outside
- Small and Compact with a Punch: It’s a class D amplifier, and that puts out a lot of power. People are shocked how small it is and how much punch it carries
- Built to Last: One of my earliest installs is alive and kicking after two years of daily use. This is a keeper
Here are a few drawbacks:
A few people mentioned that the amp is not working as they crank up the power. The solution would be changing the fuses. You need to upgrade those 220A fuses to 225A or even 240A just to be on the safe side.
You can feel that this is a budget amp because they haven’t included a low pass filter. This would be a nice addition to clean out the power.
I can’t believe how cheap this amplifier is. As a matter of fact, this amp is the most affordable unit in this category. It’s cheap without being cheap.
Since this amplifier has so much value to give, no wonder people are buying it up. The last time I’ve checked, they were almost out. From a reliable source, I know that when they are gone, it takes anything from a few weeks to a month to resupply. So you don’t have time to waste grab one before it’s too late.
It will power most subwoofers, and they will rattle your mirror without a problem
It’s small and compact, giving you multiple installation options
After more than 2 years of daily use, it’s still alive and kicking like on the first day
The fuses have to be upgraded to 225A
There’s no low pass filter
Conclusions on the Best 1500 Watt Amp Awards
We have reached the end of this award ceremony. I hope you enjoyed reading these reviews as much as I enjoyed these babies out. By now you should have already found the perfect fit.
Also keep in mind that these are very popular amplifiers so they are in short supply. I’m not joking the last time I’ve checked there were only a few ones left. So you need to move if you want to have that sweet-sounding ride already.
When I’ve created this list I’ve done my best to match it with the most popular systems. Also I’ve picked an amp for different price categories. Put it to good use.
Suppose you happen to have tips or questions feel free to reach out to me. The best way is by email and I will do my best to reply.
Roger and Out
How many amps does a 1500 watt amp?
1500 watt amp does 12.17 Amps
|500 Watts to amps||4.17 Amps|
|600 Watts to amps||5.00 Amps|
|700 Watts to amps||5.83 Amps|
|800 Watts to amps||6.67 Amps|
|900 Watts to amps||7.50 Amps|
|1000 Watts to amps||8.33 Amps|
|1100 Watts to amps||9.17 Amps|
|1200 Watts to amps||10.00 Amps|
|1300 Watts to amps||10.83 Amps|
|1400 Watts to amps||11.67 Amps|
|1500 Watts to amps||12.17 Amps|
|1800 Watts to amps||15.00 Amps|
|2000 Watts to amps||16.67 Amps|
What amp is needed for a 1200 watt sub?
For a 1200 watt sub you need to look at the RMS value. And that RMS value has to be matched in 70-100% by the amp
How many watts is a good amplifier?
It comes down to the system needs. For example if you have 1000 watt RMS system at 4 ohms the best amp would be in the 700 watt RMS to 1000 watt RMS range. If you slightly over power it it’s not a biggie.
Which power amplifier is best?
The Top Power Amplifiers on the Market:
- Crown XLS 1002
- Behringer NX4-6000
- Crown XLi 1500
- Samson Servo 120A
- Crown XTi 4002
- QSC GX5
- Yamaha PX3
- Behringer KM750
- QSC GX7
- QSC RMX 1450a
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ):
What are the features of these 1500 watt amps?
If you really want to know the amplifier features of these 1500 watt amps (car amps) here they are:
- Kicker 46CXA8001 Car Audio Class D Compact Amp Mono Amplifier 1600W Peak Sub Car Amplifier CXA800.1; frequency range: 25-200 Hz; low level inputs and high level inputs; variable low pass filter; low pass crossover; variable bass boost; preamp rca outputs; mosfet power supply; quality sound; variable subsonic filter
- Rockville dB15 6000 Watt Peak/1500w RMS Mono Amps 2 Ohm Car amplifier; Frequency range: 15Hz – 250Hz; low level inputs and high level inputs; variable low pass crossover; variable bass boost; bass knob; preamp rca outputs; mosfet power supply; remote subwoofer control; quality sound; variable subsonic filter
- Power Acoustik RZ1-1500D 1500W Class D Monoblock Amplifier class; low level inputs and high level inputs; variable low pass filter; low pass crossover; variable bass boost; bass knob; preamp rca outputs; mosfet power supply; good sound to noise ratio; speaker level inputs
Can you daisy chain multiple amps?
Yes you can daisy chain multiple amps.
Class D amps Vs Class AB amps which is better?
The class ab amp delivers the cleanest sound while the class D amplifier is the most efficient one. The class d amp features 95% efficiency while class ab amp features crisp clean sound. There’s no best only which suits your needs better. All in all Class D has a better power efficiency than Class AB.
Which car amplifier wasn’t inlcuded in the best 1500 watt amps list?
I’ve excluded a few car amplifiers from my list such as: boss audio and planet audio. Both boss audio and planet audio are budget amps (cheap amps) so you won’t get the best sound quality even with the strictest quality control.
What does the LED power color indicate on a camp amplifier?
On a car amplifier the LED power color green indicates running and operational amp and red means protect mode.
Is the mosfet power supply the best choice?
Yes the mosfet power supply is the best choice in car amplifier (car amp).
How important is bass boost for sound quality?
Bass boost is quite important for sound quality. You see the more power the subwoofer gets through bass boost the better it will sound. Basically the subwoofer will egt all the power that the bass boost can provide.
Last Updated on May 29, 2022 by Danny Reid